cams

GreenMeanie5.9

Poop Naked
ok i have been pondering changing the cam in my truck. I have a scheid street cam (181/218) i believe dont quote me on thoes specs.

Im looking to support 1000hp efficiently on motor, i know what i have will do it on spray. However i have herd that the right cam will help up to an additional 100 hp.

just witch cam is best? people rave about the 188/220 cams. or i already have a 194/2?? ( its the biggest you can go with out fly cutting the pistons) is that one going to be too big?

any help is appreciated

Are you going to flycut your pistons?

Not an expert but cam's typically don't add HP, they change the power band. This then changes the dynamics of fuel/air/RPM and helps to find additional HP that is otherwise wasted.

what kind of usage would help with your cam choice aswell. Pulling, drag racing, or a street driven truck

It's street/drag truck. S475, stock valves recessed .040. Truck shifts 4k. It's a 900-1000 on the bottle. I'm just trying to make it more efficient.

And I will not buy a Hamilton product for personal reasons.

I'm not wanting to cut the Pistons.

Well our 187/220 has supported over 1000 HP. But comes down to putting enough air in. It will improve you over your cam some. What lift is the 194? You may have to cut pistons any how. If that is the case we have 208/221. You would need to cut pistons. I believe that will get you real close to what your looking for. If you want fuel mileage then the 187

Well our 187/220 has supported over 1000 HP. But comes down to putting enough air in. It will improve you over your cam some. What lift is the 194? You may have to cut pistons any how. If that is the case we have 208/221. You would need to cut pistons. I believe that will get you real close to what your looking for. If you want fuel mileage then the 187

F fuel milage lol. I'm in it to win I need hp lol

Do you have a ported head already? That would make a much bigger difference then a cam swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have been using No limits cams for a while now I would go with his 187 from what you have been saying. We have common rails making right around 1400 on fuel and still spool turbos at 1300 rpm. Great all around cam.

Back