Should I run a wider gap on the top ring than the 2nd ring ?

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
I’m seeing that people run the top ring tighter than the 2nd and the other way around.

What would you guys recommend for a .020 over block that’s going to be driven by an older guy ? Just a cruiser 5 speed power wagon, 5x12s, 4k springs, ats3000

i have ran oem Cummins rings several different ways long as cyl. walls are good they will seal .. long as gap is in Cummins spec run it

Perfect. That’s what I did the oil rings got filed into the upper teens. Trying to locate a better piston ring compressor than my old school one

I bought one of these years ago, after a few uses I threw my old band type away.
Don't do enough engine work to justify the cost of the tapered type.

24682nopkg-99865.jpg

Stay on the loose side of spec, even over. And run ptw on the loose side if that's still an option. Just makes these things so much more reliable if the old dude ever runs it hard and hot. Being a power wagon I assume some kind of toy

Stay on the loose side of spec, even over. And run ptw on the loose side if that's still an option. Just makes these things so much more reliable if the old dude ever runs it hard and hot. Being a power wagon I assume some kind of toy

It’s a toy / car show rig. The ptw might be a little looser than .005 but not much.

The top ring is mid to upper 20s , the 2nd ring is lower 20s and the oil ring is upper teens.

His main concern is zero leaks and not smoking at idle lol

Back