Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance > P-Pump 24Valve
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 11:03 AM   #21
OilfieldOutlaw

Name: OilfieldOutlaw
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
I don't know who did it, I was told the PO who creates this monster owns a diesel shop in Colorado somewhere. The guy I purchased the truck from knows him and I'm trying to get his information.

I'm outside of Midland/Odessa.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Old 07-10-2019, 11:14 AM   #22
OilfieldOutlaw

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbeef View Post
I'm in on this...and you boys wanna know why I put up with the vp...lol..this is why
I hear ya, I question my sanity with these dodge diesels. Someone has spent a fortune on this truck, p-pump swap, turbo, injectors, G56 transmission, exhaust brake, 3 piece manifold, 35x20 tires/rims, and the body is in great shape.

Hopefully I can iron out this issue without spending a fortune.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:36 PM   #23
broman78

Name: broman78
Member`s Gallery
That 104 in midland becomes 114 in Pecos, glad you got your ac fixed.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:51 PM   #24
OilfieldOutlaw

Member`s Gallery
Bit of an update. I installed the new CPS. I did regain the tach, although it's not accurate. I believe the harmonic balancer is fubar, if you look at it from a bird's eye view it has a definitive wobble.... I'm thinking it's causing the tach to be inaccurate. Don't know about the AC, I didn't run it long enough to see if it would get cold. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I believe it ought to work.

I also removed a pile of wire that was very unnecessary.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:44 PM   #25
OilfieldOutlaw

Member`s Gallery
Update: Replaced the damper with a fluidampr and installed a new ess. Voila! Everything seems to be ok now, rpm's are ok at idle. Engine feels smoother, the old damper was so fubar that it had began rubbing on the timing cover. I got lucky...

Didn't run it long enough to see if the AC worked but I'm happy with the progress.

Also, the multifunction switch went bad. Friend of mine came over to help me diagnose some electrical and found it was bad. 60 bucks later now my headlights and dash work properly.

Closed Thread