New to me 2016...

Archnemesis

Blackmega 2.0
I picked up another dually today and since the market is blazing hot I jumped on it and got it from a dealer about $10k what other dealers were wanting for similar.

It's a 2016 Laramie Longhorn with 94k miles and the fucker is practically flawless. It's interior is pristine and leather pretty much perfect. The had just got it in on a trade and I actually test drove it and did my inspection as much as possible all before they even had their chance to do a dealer inspection.

On the inspection after I signed the contract the sales rep let me know that the PDI service guys said it needed "Air filter. Cabin filter. Wiper blades. Transmission oil pan gasket. Front brakes. Rear brakes. Fuel filter. DEF fluid filter. Wheel lock removal and all the lug covers replaced. And the rear main seal needed to be replaced." All of which the dealer which is a high volume Chevrolet dealer agreed to do prior to taking delivery and they actually provide extended warranties as a bonus regardless. I told them that's all good and the service items needed are good with me getting done and they even agreed to swap the filters and add the 68rfe deep pan I had on it since they're having to replace the pan gasket.

This is basically an extra work truck and will get basic reliability add-ons, just not familiar with 4th gens and the things to look for and what not.

I pretty much look to dominate the yard burnout circuit with this one aswell so ya know, going to do it big.

1.jpg

Get rid of the thermal block on the right side of the trans, they're known for sticking closed.

Get rid of the thermal block on the right side of the trans, they're known for sticking closed.

Thanks! Speaking of since I have the Suncoast Comp68 sitting in my shop needing to be rebuilt I'm thinking of getting that done and put in into this truck. I'll definitely have them address that then.

Got the papa aspect of the truck removed and put a respectable 2.5" leveling kit and 22s on it. Color matched bumpers are on order and found a good shop to help the truck breathe better with some OG CTT love.

20211026-162149.jpg

Sharp truck.

Thanks. The interior is really what sold me on it. Wasn't even trying to get another truck and went to a dealer and saw it while my buddy was looking for a truck and the interior was absolutely flawless and even still had the OEM leather tag that hangs from the passenger seat lol. My wife who has a keen eye for flaws and is super picky even commented how it didn't look used at all. They had 94k miles on it and I'm assuming it pulled a camper since it came with a QD 5th wheel hitch. Besides that it was 100% stock.

want to sell the factory alcoas?

I'm not opposed. They come with brand new laramie longhorn labeled oem center caps. They all have michelin agilis crossclimate 235/80r17 with about 80% tread left. Not sure what they're worth.

As jory said, sharp, except the gayer than aids wheels...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Lol.... that photo is taken in a neighbor I've gotten around 16 roofs paid for and I'll never forget one of my customers who was a hard-core liberal and ironically Jewish yet worked as the head trader for Saudi Aramco and loved in Saudi Arabia which for being Jewish in a strick Muslim country tells me his balls are gigantic..... well I was in there in the Jeep CRD about 2 yrs ago and he taps on my window and says.... can't you afford more than this noisy piece of shit?..... my response was simple..... I try to keep my d-bag roofer at bay. These rims though are the nicest I found on the market in what I like. I'm still getting used to the two tone paint and not having a whale shark hood. My main Bae is fixing to get some goodies one her and back into a cowl style hood that's more suitable. Lol

Damn, he's been being nice and everything. Why don't you go blow grass on the street. LOL
I need to mow, but don't want too!
Go ahead and put that as one of mine, those retarded wheels, stretched tires, squated shit. I detest it so much.

:rockwoot::lolly:

I'm not a fan of 22.5s, but way better than over-stretched ricer setups. :D
Wheels need to be big enough to clear the brakes. After that you're just making it ride worse. I feel bad enough putting 17" wheels on my 2nd gen, but I was done to clear the larger 3rd gen brakes I put on the front, and they're factory 4th gen take offs, nothing homo.

Thanks! Speaking of since I have the Suncoast Comp68 sitting in my shop needing to be rebuilt I'm thinking of getting that done and put in into this truck. I'll definitely have them address that then.

Got the papa aspect of the truck removed and put a respectable 2.5" leveling kit and 22s on it. Color matched bumpers are on order and found a good shop to help the truck breathe better with some OG CTT love.

20211026-162149.jpg

Where are you sourcing color matched bumpers? Looking to do the same with mine.

Bad ass truck, but what’s with the wheels? It’s like Vlad the Impaler just walked in the room wearing a pair of pink crocs.

:rockwoot::lolly:

I'm not a fan of 22.5s, but way better than over-stretched ricer setups. :D
Me neither especially 10 lug setups as they were brutal on the whale shark and needing tires was a bitch having to get a truck tire service to come out. These are 22s and max I would ever consider on anything I own.

wish i could afford half his toys..i got some crap but this dude...fml already

I work alot.... meaning 7 days a week. I'm in sales really to feed my ADHD and falling into this industry is perfect for my desire to blend sales, customer service, physical activity, and most enjoyably arguing with insurance companies. Take this claim as a point, this homeowner has an 115sq roof that was a full flat out denial. I pretty much said fuck that, went around her(assigned adjuster) and got 2 levels of management involved. I then speak some fancy language in email and send valid storm reports. Goes from them paying $0 to over $71k.

Screenshot-20211028-221622-Drive.jpg

Most "contractors/ roofers" would've just walked away. I take this stuff to the extremes (roofs I'm willing to climb or build) sometimes and there's many adjusters here in Houston that consider me to be one of the best in the city primarily because I understand the game and how it's played in a $50 billion a year industry. I don't know about that though, I just don't like to lose, especially when all the facts are on your side. In the past 12 months I've gotten over 167 roofs built with the average being between 60-70sq. Only 6 denials in all of those 12 months and ironically had another denied today, but knew it would get denied because the lady that came out won't pay for roofs at all no matter what.... I only know this since I'm good friends with her boss who's already told me to send my estimate in and it'll get done. What I do takes alot of patience though as the average job from start of the claim to receiving final check is usually between 2-4 months. Some longer some shorter. I'm just glad I do sales for my own business and nobody else's since when I first started I was being essentially scammed and only paid 30% commissions when I found out after I sold more than $5million (gross job revenue) the average was a 50%.

To me these things aren't toys anymore, they're tools and expenses. Might aswell enjoy what you essentially live out of 60% of the day though.

Where are you sourcing color matched bumpers? Looking to do the same with mine.

The shop I'm getting through is paint code matching them.

Bad ass truck, but what’s with the wheels? It’s like Vlad the Impaler just walked in the room wearing a pair of pink crocs.

Hey now you're confusing these with the Cleaver rims lol.

These are called Fuel Runners D741 is the part numbers. There's an awesome Mexican tire shop in Houston that I've done tons of deals with and they have one of the largest selections of these types of rims (and the Bro rims like Cali and American Forces) and they have them on hand which is huge. I found the Runners online and there aren't many sets of them rolling around on duallys which I like things not normal. Then seeing them in person I was sold.

I got the truck truly detailed today for the first time and it's definitely different than driving my beloved whale shark. The detailers mind was blown at how mint the interior is. Between the lift shop, the detailer, and my wife they all have said the exact same thing about the interior which made me want to get this thing in the first place.

i-Bd-Hjw-J4-259801038.jpg

This is my buddy who just got this 2020 with only 10k miles on it. His has the Fuel throttles on it which he got at the same shop which is more his style.

Resized-20211021-182623.jpg

On the lift and how it drives compared to stock....

I put Icon 2.5" lift coils on front with bilstein 5600s and besides the expected roughness when the 22s hit a bump it feels similar to stock. Taking the front rake out if it improves handling in my opinion.

Last edited:
...of yard burnouts...

Oh we're getting ready for the winter nationals....

Weight reduction and better flow went down today.

I honestly forgot how much shit comes on these things. And my first time driving a tune only truck since EFI and Ezlynk was even a thing.

20211029-201107.jpg

20211029-200847.jpg

Back