installed 480sxe in compound

Shouldn't be blowing couplings off at 60psi. Are the edges of the pipe rolled? Try spraying some hairspray on the connection before slipping the coupling on. Acts like glue. Maybe get some better clamps too.

I just switched my setup to a 62/71/13 over a 80/96/1.32, and see about 20psi at 2000 rpm while brake boosting. You should be seeing something similar, or even better since you're running SXEs.

Shouldn't be blowing couplings off at 60psi. Are the edges of the pipe rolled? Try spraying some hairspray on the connection before slipping the coupling on. Acts like glue. Maybe get some better clamps too.

I just switched my setup to a 62/71/13 over a 80/96/1.32, and see about 20psi at 2000 rpm while brake boosting. You should be seeing something similar, or even better since you're running SXEs.

got the clamp and boots from BD diesel...

im gonna re-cap.

so you were running a 62/68 over a 75/83 and liked it.
should have spooled super fast

what were your boost and temp numbers?

now you are running a sxe 62 over an 80.
you do realize you went up 13mm on the turbine wheel and from a 1.1 to a 1.32housing right?

spool up is slower, the truck is quieter, and you blow boots off at 60psi but only have one boost gauge in the truck?

you didn't blow boots off before?
you have limited smoke under brisk acceleration

is the 80 suppose to spool faster? absolutely not. its lots bigger, in all 3 categories.
if indeed you are having an issue my bestist guess if you have messed with your fueling during the change, maybe a dirty fuel filter? what is fuel pressure at the IP? But I bet you you are just struggling with a 600 hp truck that has a primary that can do over 1k. its gonna drive poorly.

Last edited:
im gonna re-cap.

so you were running a 62/68 over a 75/83 and liked it.
should have spooled super fast

what were your boost and temp numbers?

now you are running a sxe 62 over an 80.
you do realize you went up 13mm on the turbine wheel and from a 1.1 to a 1.32housing right?

spool up is slower, the truck is quieter, and you blow boots off at 60psi but only have one boost gauge in the truck?

you didn't blow boots off before?
you have limited smoke under brisk acceleration

is the 80 suppose to spool faster? absolutely not. its lots bigger, in all 3 categories.
if indeed you are having an issue my bestist guess if you have messed with your fueling during the change, maybe a dirty fuel filter? what is fuel pressure at the IP? But I bet you you are just struggling with a 600 hp truck that has a primary that can do over 1k. its gonna drive poorly.

with afc live ajusted to around 1300-1400 with max fuel around 1800.. max boost was around 53-56. never blowing any boots..boost from the primary was around 35 when total was 53-56

Just as a reference my old 01 24v would do 80psi of boost consistently with a 62/68/12 over an s475 with an 83 turbine and 1.10 housing. Easily was lit before 2000 rpms and ran like a raped ape. Something seems amiss if your that low on boost with previous setup. According to your sig you should have plenty of fuel available to make way more boost than what you had stated.

Jeremy your wastegate is either stuck open or opening too soon or broken on the 62. It's laggy because your driving off the primary.

maybe broken boost gauge too..will install the fass tonight.. and i will look to the wastegate.. maybe the turbosmart boost controler..

he doesent have gobs of unburnt fuel coming out of the tail pipe. its not a stuck wastegate. its would be a smokey pig if that were the case.

what is the fuel pressure? lift pump happen to die in the midst of all this and the pump/ pumps are starving for fuel? If it isn't blacking out the sky with low boost, it isn't there to burn and make boost/ power.

what is the fuel pressure? lift pump happen to die in the midst of all this and the pump/ pumps are starving for fuel? If it isn't blacking out the sky with low boost, it isn't there to burn and make boost/ power.

fuel pressure is around 65-70psi..its easy to do 5-6lbs of boost.. but its so long to reach 15-20.. -_-

that is just weird, with my 64 480 pair once it starts building there is almost no stopping it, 5 psi........ 10 psi....20.60 and I'm letting off

Back