Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 98-02 2nd Gen.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #501
Smoke

Name: Smoke
Title: VP Puller Playin Catch-Up
Member`s Gallery

Old 04-12-2010, 04:37 AM   #502
Pgdsm

Name: Pgdsm
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Well I had read this whole thread when I was searching about vp related thugs back when bd power gave me the big shaft on my bd hrvp warranty.

Since then I got a so pump locally, then I picked up a 029 pump off the board. The 029 is off a freightliner, but didn't come with a timing key so I used the one from my so pump.

When I first took it out for a test drive it seemed to have more power, my egts hit an all time high of just over 1200 ( opposed to 1100) my boost stayed at a max of 31 psi but in 3rd I revved out at 3545 rpm according to my juice
several weeks later I turned the box down to see how the other levels were. And with the box off I can't even build 8 lbs of boost by 2k but at about 2300 it takes of and builds boost up to 21lbs. With the box one level 1 it will build boost alot more readily than with the box off (1800 for 10 lbs) but againg really seems to be taking off at 2200 rpm. It gets better as the box is turned up more, also my fuel economy has gone down. Now I was wondering what it would fuel up too. So again I took it out put it in 6th and redlined it now this time my boost and egts drop at 2700 rpm or 98 mph. Where as when I first installed it I had fuel right up to 3100rpms. So by the lack of boost and power down low I assume this is from a lack of timing, also the fact that it fueled to a higher rpm at first but not anymore leads me to think that the truck has some how told the vp to stop fueling.
Now I have a question, how do I find out what key is the proper one for my 029 pump?
The other is what are the diff between the 029 and the so and ho pumps? Are they higher pressure or volume or .... Also advantage or disadvantage? Ie thr so is good up to 600ish where the ho is 500 ish

my truck is basically stock, it a 01 6 speed 4x4 3.55 with 35 toyo mt. Bhaf 150hpfp and a edge juice/ ATt without the hot unlock.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #503
MTZman

Name: MTZman
Title: Diesel Junky
Member`s Gallery
Theres a pretty well known saying that takes place here... " If it was easy, everyone would be doing it " ... Give it time... Itll get figured out...The idea can be shot down over and over and over and said it cant be done.. but one day... it WILL be done... if what ive gathered from reading all 26 pages is correct.. someone is gonna figure it out...its only a matter of time when someone gets mad enough and gets it figured out...all the big wigs have gotten frustrated and given up on trying to figure it out.. its the little guy setting in the corner with the 1/4" thick glasses thats gonna come busting through the glass door that proves all the nay-sayers wrong....

97 3500 12v RCLB 4x4 - converted to AAM DRW 4.10 - G56 - NP273 electric tcase - Tow Truck

03 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Dmax - Edge JWA - 4" exhaust - Dads toy

Old 05-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #504
dennhop

Name: dennhop
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Just read through all 26 pages tonight....definitely an interesting thread, I don't know jack about the internals of the VP, or how it truly works, and I haven't even had to pull one, but hey, more power to ya! If you do figure it out, you'll be rich, if not, then maybe you'll be able to explain to an idiot like me why exactly it doesn't work.
96, QC DRW, 5spd, SB DD3600, bored .040 over, Mahle pistons, Maxxspool stage 2 cam, DDP140 injectors, 160 pump with 5k gov springs, dual feed fuel lines, 100cc dvs. ATS 3 piece exhaust manifold, S300 57/65/13 over 72/95/26cm. Timing at 16.5 degrees.

Closed Thread