Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 09:13 PM   #1
56cummins

Name: 56cummins
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Transgo extreme duty reprogramming kit tfre-pro

46RE 47RE 48RE Extreme Duty Reprogramming Kit Transgo Number TFRE-PRO - PATC - TransmissionCenter.net

Has anybody tried this?

Old 06-22-2020, 04:25 AM   #2
Ugly Dodge

Name: Ugly Dodge
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
That’s completely new. I’ve never seen that on their site. I just bought their shift kit. Never saw that. I would have bought that.

Old 06-22-2020, 08:47 AM   #3
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Yeah, I haven't seen that before. Looks like they just went through the old kit and improved on it.

I'm surprised they don't even recommend some hard parts to go with it. I would think a strut might be needed at a minimum with those pressures. Or upgraded gov pressure solenoid.

Old 06-23-2020, 11:00 PM   #4
12valveblkcld

Name: 12valveblkcld
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
I'm rocking the shift kit as well, definitely interested in this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Old 09-20-2020, 09:57 AM   #5
Jeffrey Weeks

Name: Jeffrey Weeks
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
This is transgo’s new kit. It comes with a updated tv valve, overdrive separator plate, boost valve and detent bullet. It’s a really good kit. The 3-4 accumulator housing Plate is also new and vented. Instructions changed some, this is the kit to go with for sure. I believe higher line pressure is easier achieved with this kit.

Old 12-10-2020, 12:26 PM   #6
Rmarkey

Name: Rmarkey
Title: Professional consumer
Member`s Gallery
I wonder if this kit would be worth getting since I'm doing a rebuild and upgrade since I already have the old shift kit installed... I didn't install the old kit and have no idea what he did and didn't do. When the old kit got put in it was for an otherwise stock trans as preventative. Now I'm going to billet triple disk/input, upgraded clutches/count, etc. and have been pondering what I'd need to do with the valvebody with the new upgrades...

Anyone got thoughts/advice?

Old 12-10-2020, 02:24 PM   #7
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I'm sure what you have now will work fine, just measure and adjust line pressure 1st.

If this is mainly gonna be a hot rod, get a real deal valve body built from a shop that does these regular. The valve body is a big deal on these trans keeping them alive and not breaking chit all the time, If I only took that advice yrs ago the money I'd of saved.

Old 12-11-2020, 01:41 PM   #8
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
I'm sure what you have now will work fine, just measure and adjust line pressure 1st.

If this is mainly gonna be a hot rod, get a real deal valve body built from a shop that does these regular. The valve body is a big deal on these trans keeping them alive and not breaking chit all the time, If I only took that advice yrs ago the money I'd of saved.
X2. Sell your current VB to some local yahoo that wants a slight upgrade for his stock one and cash. Then use that as a core for a Goerend, FirePunk, RedLine, etc. purpose built VB.

Old 12-11-2020, 06:26 PM   #9
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post

You can say that again

Old 12-11-2020, 09:18 PM   #10
Rmarkey

Name: Rmarkey
Title: Professional consumer
Member`s Gallery
Appreciate the feedback guys. Mostly a daily driver play toy with the occasional tow date. I was hoping I could get by with the new "pro" kit maybe, but I'm sure you're right, probably better do it right the first time and not break something trying to save some bucks.

Closed Thread