02 F350 rear axle

Red Sleeper

Looking for a family member. 2002 F350 rear axle for a cab & chassis, 4:10 gears I believe.

Looking for a complete usable axle.

The current axle has a slight growl.

acc86258a9adab5e6fd33136c011f824.jpg

I had the axle surgeon come to the house on the '02. He put a new stub on in no time. Was there and gone in 3 hours and as far as I know, the truck is still on the road. Anyone in your area so this type of thing? It would be faster than swapping the axle most likely...maybe not cheaper if you find one for free, but....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0785.jpg
    IMG_0785.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0786.jpg
    IMG_0786.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0791.jpg
    IMG_0791.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 0
Axle surgeon is a network of axle repair guys. They are everywhere. Pretty cool to watch them revive stuff.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Apparently lmgtfy is unsafe now according to chrome.

Everything is now unsafe. Just like the NIST compliance we have here at work now. Every time I close a browser page and come back, I have to type username and passwords. It's really pissing me off. All browser memory gets wiped the moment you close the screen. I bet I type usernames and passwords more than three or four dozen times a day for all the applications, websites, and databases we use internally and externally. Flat pisses me off.

I had just got accustomed to using Brave browser which blocks spam and controls usernames and passwords. Now Brave is blocked out completely.

So one of my co-workers was telling me that axle surgeons have developed a threaded adapter that is welded in and then the spindle it tacked in after torquing it. Cool idea, but not sure if it is for the light duty axles or just HD

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

So one of my co-workers was telling me that axle surgeons have developed a threaded adapter that is welded in and then the spindle it tacked in after torquing it. Cool idea, but not sure if it is for the light duty axles or just HD

I haven't heard of the threaded thing-a-ma-jig. This cat just bored the tube out with his fancy machine, heated it up, shoved a new stub from the refrigerator inside to the correct distance, and let it normalize while moving it slightly to keep it concentric. Once it cooled and was rigid, he welded the seam and it was done.

Pretty cool to watch. I think it was around $900 back then. I had a wheel bearing exit the building and ruined the stub.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0782.jpg
    IMG_0782.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 0
Everything is now unsafe. Just like the NIST compliance we have here at work now. Every time I close a browser page and come back, I have to type username and passwords. It's really pissing me off. All browser memory gets wiped the moment you close the screen. I bet I type usernames and passwords more than three or four dozen times a day for all the applications, websites, and databases we use internally and externally. Flat pisses me off.

I had just got accustomed to using Brave browser which blocks spam and controls usernames and passwords. Now Brave is blocked out completely.

LastPass browser plug-in blocked as well?

My cousin made contact with his local axle surgeon, $1350 for the job. Thanks for the help folks.

Cool. It may or may not be worth it to them, but it's dang sure easier than swapping the whole thing.....and putting a used axle under it that no one knows the history on.

LastPass browser plug-in blocked as well?

Not familiar with that. I'll have to check it out. I'll try anything once, but I bet it won't work. :D

Back