CM2100 Swap with 5.9

RudolphD

Any pointers, feedback, tales of caution for swaping a CM2100 for a 3rd gen to work with the 5.9 Cummins?

I'd need the 2100 harness and manually adapt it or build one from scratch but besides having visibility to both ECMs data for tuning, anything else I should have in mind?

IIRC 2008s use a MAF sensor when 2004s don't. I would reuse all 5.9 sensors, rail and engine electronics.

Another challenge is... the 48RE.

Any pointers, feedback, tales of caution for swaping a CM2100 for a 3rd gen to work with the 5.9 Cummins?

I'd need the 2100 harness and manually adapt it or build one from scratch but besides having visibility to both ECMs data for tuning, anything else I should have in mind?

IIRC 2008s use a MAF sensor when 2004s don't. I would reuse all 5.9 sensors, rail and engine electronics.

Another challenge is... the 48RE.
Just out of curiousity, why?

Is this not going to be the inverse of the 6.7 injectors in a 5.9 conversation? Different voltage drivers, different Internal coil resistance, different inrush current?

Not saying it can't be done, but I think only a few will have successfully offset the injection events to make it run, and I'd say they will be tight lipped.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Back