Performax DATA-logger software

BC847

What's the latest on the DATA-logger software updates so it's compatable with the Vista OS? :poke:

We have a "work-around" figured out - I need to dig out the info. It involves changing a setting on the com port. We are also working on an overall update which should eliminate the need to manually set up that port.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Three months later: How's that software update coming along?

Can you guys at least give the info for manually fixing the Vista OS issues? I've got hard earned money tied up in this and it doesn't work as advertised. The real-time display is useless.

Sorry, I forgot about this thread and never made it back to post the info.

Here are the two "work arounds" for Vista:
Open a Windows (not Internet) Explorer window, right click on "My Computer" and select "Properties". Select the "Hardware" tab at the top, then click the "Device Manager" button. Make sure your datalogger module is plugged into a USB port (other end does not need to be plugged into the truck at this time). Scroll down to "Ports (COM & LPT)" and click the "+", you should have one listed as "USB Serial Port (COM4)". Right-click that one and select "Properties", then click the "Port Settings" tab, then click the "Advanced" button. Under "Miscellaneous Options" on the right, there should be a checkbox for "Serial Enumerator". Make sure that box is checked, then click "OK" on all the open dialog boxes to save it.
The program needs to be able to run as an administrator.
To do so:
Find the executable (application) file. The path for it can be found by right clicking the shortcut icon then selecting properties.
Using the path, go to the actual file name, right click and select properties. Click on the COMPATIBILITY tab. Click the box that says "RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR" then exit.
You should be able to click on the shortcut icon on your desk top to make the data logger start.

ever get this completely fixed without a wok around?

how about for windows 7 that's now out??

I'm looking to purchase so curious. ;)

Do you have a specific need for the "real time" display? If not, you are probably better off waiting for the standalone datalogger, we will be demo-ing a prototype of it next week @ SEMA. I've already found a couple of bugs, so it will be a few weeks to get it production-ready. This version records directly on an included flash drive, no need to have the laptop in the truck when recording.

We're working on the tach, expect to see a 2-1/16" version early next year, bigger version to follow. It will use a module to translate the frequency input into a voltage, and be connected to the ESP in place of the air pressure input. The biggest reason for the tach is so you can log engine RPM with the datalogger. Still trying to decide whether to do a speedo as well as a module, or just roll that into the next upgrade of the ESP hardware (which will likely include more EGT inputs and built-in tach and speedo inputs).

BTW - most of the issues I mentioned above were operator error. As they say, RTFM! I was working late on it and making some assumptions about how it worked! It looks like the longest lead time item on the new datalogger will be getting the production version of the housing tooled. The test prototypes have rapid-prototype housings (and we have one with a production-appearing finish while the others are downright ugly). Here's a crappy cell-phone photo of the device - it is smaller than the key fob to my Jetta. I can't wait for my next trip with my truck, it will be so cool to be able to just pop the datalogger in and record any time I want (like watching for exhaust backpressure and HPOP levels on different tunes when towing), without breaking out the laptop. For any one coming to SEMA, I'll have a demo set up to show its functionality.

Here's the photo:
CIMG0124.jpg

Back