Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 08:06 PM   #1
ramtough01

Name: ramtough01
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
wilwood clutch pedal set up

Putting can and clutch on the truck this year and trying to find a decent way to mount the pedal in the cab in a second gen dodge. Did a search and didnt see much. Thanks

Ramtough | Teespring

Old 05-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #2
Pudge

Name: Pudge
Member`s Gallery
I mounted mine to the firewall where the clutch pedal would normally be, since it was an auto truck. Just get it close and have someone help hold it to decide what feels like the correct position. Use the 4 bolt holes and go through to the other side. Note: I did break the aluminum pedal bracket that comes with the pedal, the 4 disk clutch was a little too much for it and using it a lot. I made a stainless one and it's been trouble free since

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Old 05-19-2019, 01:57 PM   #3
ramtough01

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
I mounted mine to the firewall where the clutch pedal would normally be, since it was an auto truck. Just get it close and have someone help hold it to decide what feels like the correct position. Use the 4 bolt holes and go through to the other side. Note: I did break the aluminum pedal bracket that comes with the pedal, the 4 disk clutch was a little too much for it and using it a lot. I made a stainless one and it's been trouble free since

If you could please get a picture of it

Ramtough | Teespring

Old 05-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #4
9724VF350

Name: 9724VF350
Title: Tractor Guy
Member`s Gallery
I recently ditched the sketchy Wilwood clutch pedal for a pedal I made out of 1" box tubing and two 1" pillow block bearings for the pivot. Now it doesn't feel like it's going to break every time I push it.

Wife's ride-03 Excursion 12V swap in the works.

Old 05-24-2019, 01:46 PM   #5
Pudge

Member`s Gallery
I just got by the shop to grab a pic, didnt remember how much I had overbuilt it. Once you've broken a pedal off, you'll do all you can to keep it from happening again haha. It's hard to see but its plate welded to the firewall on both ends as wellClick the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Old 05-24-2019, 02:35 PM   #6
ramtough01

Member`s Gallery
Thanks for the pictures. I am not to impressed with the wilwood bracket either. Sure seems cheap but going to brace it up like what you have shown

Ramtough | Teespring

Old 05-24-2019, 04:33 PM   #7
Rich dzl

Name: Rich dzl
Title: 12v guru
Member`s Gallery
I have installed 2 of the haisley kits that’s use oem pedals and a billet mounting plate and 2 wildwood master cylinders , it’s not cheap but works flawlessly

Old 05-25-2019, 08:26 AM   #8
Pudge

Member`s Gallery
That sounds like a good idea for a setup. The weighted clutches we use are nothing like the stuff wilwood intends their setup to be used with, especially coming off the line. You're holding all the pressure a grown man can with one leg on the pedal, and I'd bet its somewhere in the neighborhood of 300+ lbs easily. Compared to even a stiff clutch in a car, well, theres no comparison I would think.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:53 PM   #9
prostockpuller

Name: prostockpuller
Member`s Gallery
I used a fully adjustable mechanical linkage setup like trucks used in the 1970's.....it will never fail like a hydraulic setup can. I will try to post some pics later.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:37 PM   #10
ramtough01

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
That sounds like a good idea for a setup. The weighted clutches we use are nothing like the stuff wilwood intends their setup to be used with, especially coming off the line. You're holding all the pressure a grown man can with one leg on the pedal, and I'd bet its somewhere in the neighborhood of 300+ lbs easily. Compared to even a stiff clutch in a car, well, theres no comparison I would think.

Did you put a longer clevis on that?

Ramtough | Teespring

Old 06-03-2019, 09:13 AM   #11
Pudge

Member`s Gallery
You know, I didnt remember doing it until you said something, but I did make a longer one to get the pedal angle corrected for my bracket and the firewall

Old 06-03-2019, 06:24 PM   #12
ramtough01

Member`s Gallery
Is there a lot of pedal travel that person needs it longer? with the bracket i made almost lost 1/2 of travel

Ramtough | Teespring

Old 06-03-2019, 08:03 PM   #13
Pudge

Member`s Gallery
Yes, with the wilwood supplied parts it didnt have much travel or throw length at all. My bracket moved the top out further, so the actual pedal nearly touched the floor. The longer clevis helped a LOT with getting it where it needed to be

Closed Thread