Pulling Classes

zacdrew

Hey, I've got some questions about pulling. First of all I'm as new as they come to tractor pulling. My first question is is there any classes for the closer to stock tractor to compete in? I've always loved watching pulls but now I'd like to get into it without spending an extravagant amout of money. What options do I have as far as pulling with a tractor that has pump exhaust and intake mods? Do I compete in a modded class and get :eek:wned: or wait until I mod my tractor enough to compete? Thanks for any insight.

well, I don't know much about pulling but I do know that, yes, there are classes for you. I'm not sure what the correct titles are but non-turbos are relatively tame, pro farm I think is another one. Anything under "super farm" is what I would consider an inexpensive yet competitive class. I'll see if I can get my bro to give you an answer, he knows more about this stuff than I do

YOu will have to check w/the places/clubs you plan on pulling with to waht you can do. Many different rules dpending on the pull, even which tech techs you. You can be in a sanctioned club and each techs inturpetation of the rules can vary. Around here we run, stock, hot farm (turn the pump up) super farm basically stock block and anything else goes, and modified which is jet engines whatever you want to do. Depending on the rules and association some have a 2500rpm limit, some say 20% over stock, tires waht you can and cant run as far as size etc etc. It jsut dpendos on the local organization and place your pulling

Last edited:
thejdman04 said:
YOu will have to check w/the places/clubs you plan on pulling with to waht you can do. Many different rules dpending on the pull, even which tech techs you.

x2...

Depending on where you will be pulling will change the way the classes are set-up...however, for the most part there are classes generally like these but names may vary (these are the way classes are around the midwest):

Out of the field-turn the screws on the pump and everything must "look" stock
All of the following classes have limits and/or specs for turbos, pumps, tires/wheel size, cubic inch, weight, etc

Non-Turbos- usually 5500#, 6500#, 8200#, and 9200# classes w/o turbos
Pro-Field- Smaller turbo class uses a 3LM or similar turbo weights are usually around 8500#, 9500#
Limited-Pro- larger turbo and cubic inch limit than pro-field
Super-Farm- Box turbo (around here GT42) everyone runs a P-Pump with RSV governor, and larger cubic inch allowance than any previous classes

From what you stated for mods, I would guess you would be somewhere around the equivalent of a pro-field around here...but check around and get rules from your local pulling association because like previously mentioned, every organization is different on rules

Back