07 issues

Ok, I'm new to this Cummins thing! I recently purchased an 07 2500 4*4 with the 6.7 turbo. I've had nothing but issues with it so far. To start, had the trans rebuilt then I started building pressure up in the radiator n blowing antifreeze out through the overflow bottle. Had head surfaced and valves done including pressure checked. But I'm still building pressure up n blowing antifreeze out. So, head has been rebuilt, radiator replaced, new water pump and new rad cap. What else could cause this problem? Shop said the block looked good and it was still flat, but I'm at a loss with figuring out this issue! Can someone help?
Also, I have no mods currently n engine light isn't on nor is there any codes

If its not deleted, I would suspect the egr cooler being cracked and opening up under heat/pressure. Also who did the work and were studs used to reinstall?

Egr isn't on the engine any more. It was removed and new block off plates installed. As for the shop, I screwed up and let Tfg auto work on it, but I have made an appointment with full force diesel for later this month. I've learned a lesson with the shop and I'm suffering for it!
After gasket and head was put back on, it was two days before I noticed the problem reoccurring. New head bolts are on it as well.

Whose delete tuning are you running then? Guys blame the factory turbo for head gasket failures when in all actuality it's the increased timing from tuning that causes cylinder pressure to rise dramatically and then cause the head to lift. I would recomend having them look into your tuning also.

Whose delete tuning are you running then? Guys blame the factory turbo for head gasket failures when in all actuality it's the increased timing from tuning that causes cylinder pressure to rise dramatically and then cause the head to lift. I would recomend having them look into your tuning also.

I would say the use of factory headbolts?, and tuning or maybe they lied about getting it surfaced?

Both of these.
Tuning plays a huge huge role in headgasket life with the factory turbo.
Also, I'd make dang sure they are actually having a good machine shop surface the head.

I don't know what time is in the truck! There is no extra boxes or anything that I have found. Truck will be going to a different shop later this month and I do plan on putting a tuner in the truck, mostly for better fuel economy and towing ability.

If you pull the head again check for cracks in the water jackets beside the cylinders. Same thing happened to a friends truck. He replaced head a few times thinking it was that and turned out it was his block had small cracks in it and no one ever caught it. Had to get a new block.

Back