Anyone know the thread size?

Megadad

Just like the title says, anyone know the thread size of the CCV fitting on top of the turbo on the '19-'23 trucks? I have attached a pic for reference. I'm gonna reroute that CC vent to an oil catch can on my '23 3500 SRW when I finally take possession of it in couple weeks. Just want to plug this with a pipe plug instead of capping it with a rubber boot.
The pic is from my neighbors '22 2500 ?

Thanks ?

Attachments

• 20230502_180937.jpg
    20230502_180937.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 0
You are welcome to try the catch can, however be prepared for it not working.

The turbo provides a vacuum to the CCV filter permitting flow. The catch can is static. You may want to obtain a CTS3 and watch crankcase pressure.

Purely emissions related, lots of guys eliminate that CCV going into intake and it will run just fine. Keeps the intake path a lot cleaner too, its bad enough what the EGR does to the engine.
I just want to know the thread size of that fitting on the turbo if anyone has that info ?

Thanks ?

Cummins number on that fitting is 5560984. I looked at all the information provided that I could find, and there is no thread size mentioned. I do know that it's a metric thread with an O-ring.
You could maybe get away with just leaving the fitting in the turbo and capping it somehow.

I got another thread size question.....

Anyone know what size threads these fittings on the turbo coolant feed line are? Looks like a -10AN flared on the line and not sure what the boss fitting is....-10AN to metric straight pipe going into the EGR coolant pipe??

Thanks guys ?

Attachments

• 20230518_120640.jpg
    20230518_120640.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 0
Back