Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
dnrcustoms

Name: dnrcustoms
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
12v build.. looking for suggestions

Looking for some input, here is my plan as of now

I am rebuilding my 96 12v to put in the truck pictured below, stricly a play truck and very little on a paved road.

I have the motor mostly dissasempled, Head is getting resurfaced next week along with o-rings being cut. Probly just lap the valves in. Hamilton cam setup with springs, BD 3 piece manifold, head porting, studs and marine gsk. 4k springs already in pump, mack plug, DDP 90's or 120's. I was going to get the Super B special, but unsure if a bolt on will work good for my application. I would like to still be making pwr in the 3k-3500 range because of my 5.13 gears. Do you think this setup would be a good runner?

Also, if you had a motor pretty far down with 200k on the ticker would u re ring it and maybe some lower end bearings, or just run it? Palnning on a nice crome hoodstack too!! I am open to any suggestions. I am also running a 727 non lock up trans. I would like to make a nice 500-550 hp. Nothing crazy, but that will be enough to rip around the dunes and race to Dairy queen with!! Also the plan is to have this in by mid August, so this is a real project!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Project BlueBallz:
1548/2100 on fuel, "Former" NHRDA SS ET record holder.
2048/2750 with a 120 pill
Best times to date at 6035lbs
5.84@122 1/8th mile
9.21@149 1/4 mile

Last edited by dnrcustoms; 06-29-2010 at 08:01 PM.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
dslhtrdr

Name: dslhtrdr
Title: Always learning...
Member`s Gallery
That's a sweet picture. Nice truck.

I would throw at least ddp4's in there. The super b special turbos are good. BrettWINspeed made over 700hp with one. He knows a lot about tuning the p pumps. As far as the gearing goes, I'm not an expert, so I'll just keep to myself on that...

Good luck!

'67 RS Camaro, LBZ Duramax, Built not Bought http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...d.php?t=141513

Old 06-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
dslhtrdr

Name: dslhtrdr
Title: Always learning...
Member`s Gallery
Forgot to add that I started building my truck with over 300k on the clock, and it's holding together just fine. If it's already torn apart, you might as well rebuild it. But I would feel safe running it the way it is. Just my

'67 RS Camaro, LBZ Duramax, Built not Bought http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...d.php?t=141513

Closed Thread