drag strip

03-6.0F-350

Follow Me
so the local drag strip is opening this Saturday. and seeing as how i finally have my sct i want to see what i can run. problem is i've never been to the strip before and i was kinda wondering how i should kinda prep for it and when i should i spool it and what not.
any help would be appreciated cause this is my only chance to run it for 5 months since i'm going to boot camp at the end of march.

one more stupid question. all i have is the sct with canned tunes. i'm in a high altitude there is a snowballs chance in hell of me breaking 13.99 right?

no you won't break into 13's. Get a race file and you MIGHT break into the 13's, how high altitude you talking?

like i said snowballs chance in hell. track says a helmet is need for 13s and i don't want to buy one just to use it once and leave.

Albuquerque is at 5,312ft according to the google search.

With canned tunes prolly not. Give Eric a holler and get you a race tune before Saturday

no point really. i'm going to boot camp for 5 months in a week and 5 days now. i'm sure that there will be new stuff in the world of 6.0s when i get out. so i'm just going to wait untill the end of boot camp.

What cab configuration? I could see a regular cab into the 13's. I have a buddy with an Excursion running a 14.30 on a SCT race file.

I always watch RPMs. I leave at 2000rpm. An leave when you see the last yellow light come on. Don't wait for the green. :tree:

Start building boost on the first set of yellows, once you are at the RPM you need, roll into the second set of staging lights (second yellows). The guy next to you will not wait for you to build boost, neither will the tree :}

What cab configuration? I could see a regular cab into the 13's. I have a buddy with an Excursion running a 14.30 on a SCT race file.

I always watch RPMs. I leave at 2000rpm. An leave when you see the last yellow light come on. Don't wait for the green. :tree:

crew cab short bed. the registraion says 9,900lb with tires so i'm over 10k with me and fuel in.

Thats your max GVW, or whicherver abreviation it is. CC/SB Lariat 4x4 6.0 with 36's weighs 8200 with myself included and a half tank of fuel.

oh good. i am retty stupid i mean i did buy a 6.0 :bang so i may have miss read it.
thanks for all the info guys :thankyou2:

i go to fort benning for my bootcamp and ait. and cause i'm a dumbass i go to asps before bootcamp and thats in south carolina but i forget what fort.

marines? Are you going to Paris Island?

nope i'm going army.

anyways i made it to the strip. and all i can say is HOLY **** I'M HOOKED.
first two passes i didn't spool it right at the lights and got beat, 3rd pass i ran a duramax and spooled right and holy crap i can't wait to do it again.
best run of the day was a 14.291. with .225 reaction. 1.875 at the 60(?), 9.029 at 74.35 mph at the 1/8th and 93.418mph with the 14.291 at the 1/4.
:tree: i'm gonna do everything i can to make it to the strip next saturday.

oh and one more thing. i have the sct but no custom tunes and i want to break into the 13's any ideas on whats next to get some more speed.

nope i'm going army.

anyways i made it to the strip. and all i can say is HOLY **** I'M HOOKED.
first two passes i didn't spool it right at the lights and got beat, 3rd pass i ran a duramax and spooled right and holy crap i can't wait to do it again.
best run of the day was a 14.291. with .225 reaction. 1.875 at the 60(?), 9.029 at 74.35 mph at the 1/8th and 93.418mph with the 14.291 at the 1/4.
:tree: i'm gonna do everything i can to make it to the strip next saturday.

oh and one more thing. i have the sct but no custom tunes and i want to break into the 13's any ideas on whats next to get some more speed.

The cheapest way to do it is gonna be a custom tune. Cale at BTS only charges $25 to email you a tune. You should hit 13s with it but it's gonna be tough.

Back