Eco Diesel Yay or Nay

looking at possibly trying to sell my 07.5 or end up trading it off in the next 6 months or so.
don't see that many eco diesels in my parts but have came across a few within driving distance to go look at. Is the later years better to look at vs the early ones?
I found a 15 Big horn 4x4 with 130K miles and a spotless bed that has my attention. but don't know if its worth the headaches I've read on the forums about them.

i have 197k on my 14 and have not had bad luck with it. Had the veluctor ring lose part of the magnet at 150k and the egr cooler leak at 72k. The EGR cooler was lost when I was making that repair and the veluctor ring now has a recall out on it. Other than those two issues she has been good to me.

I am shopping for a new truck in the fall next year and would get another if they were still available.

Two key things to keeping mine happy, IMHO, I drive long distances with it most of the time, 40 to 100 miles per trip, and I try to never short trip it. If I use it to go to town I make sure everything is up to temp before shutting it down and in the winter I make sure all fluids are at least 60* before moving it.

Had wonderful luck with mine. Only ever had to have a few emissions warranty issues worked on. Worked the heck out of that truck, and miss it a bunch. It was a 2014 as well and had about 50ish K on it when so sold it because the oil-patch went tits-up and it was my work truck.

Back