6.7/5.9 CP3 Compatibility

apocalypse1812

Nailed It!
What is the difference between a 6.7's CP3 and a 5.9's? (Dual Pump Setups included)

I know the injectors are different, so they aren't interchangeable.

You can put a 5.9 pump on a 6.7... and a 6.7 pump on a 5.9. The main high pressure line from the cp3 (5.9 on a 6.7) is a little tight but just needs minor adjustment to work.

John

any benefit to doing such a thing? does the the 6.7 CP3 flow more fuel or vice versa?

Last edited:
Factory 6.7 cp3 out flows factory 5.9 cp3... once sent in for overhaul/modification I don't know what difference it makes after that.

The 6.7 pump is touchy, i like the fact that the 6.7 pump has longer plungers and their coated with DLC. Over all flow is the same but the 6.7 uses smaller "Poppets" or delivery valves that cause other problems too.

John

The Reason I ask is because I see guys selling Dual CP3/Upgraded CP3's for their 5.9's and am curious if they will work on my 6.7.

dual setup from 5.9 won't work mostly because the rail setup is different and.. i'm not sure about the electronics but I 'ssume it's different too... bracketry and dmax top pump should be the same

Electronics are the same, the FCA or Regulator on the 5.9 & 6.7 are the same. Different part number but they are the same cut. The pump could work from a 5.9 kit but the bracketry would be different.

John

If your using stock pumps, wouldn't you want to use 6.7's?? I was told they flow more stock, but mod'd both are the same. Can't remember who I spoke to? ED I'm pretty sure...

Back