Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > NADM
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #141
scott 06

Name: scott 06
Title: already broke
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaMax View Post
Garret Ondo 2nd place E Coast Nationals Numidia Pa - YouTube

This is actually when the track started getting better before the rain . Lol
Wow

Team: ALL HOOKED UP
''catch us if you can!''

Old 07-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #142
BVFDCummins

Name: BVFDCummins
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaMax View Post
Garret Ondo 2nd place E Coast Nationals Numidia Pa - YouTube

This is actually when the track started getting better before the rain . Lol
That was the track for the big "East Coast Nationals"? Holy s***!!! That's sad!

Old 07-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #143
Hammer

Name: Hammer
Title: Verbal Junk Author
Member`s Gallery
While the pulling track may not been up to what many pullers are used to running on I am at a loss at what all the whining is about....

If the track is the same for all the pullers,would that not then be equal and you should have been better prepared to adapt to the surface you are given,instead of whining about it?.You guys kill me,if its not as smooth as the blacktop you drove there on then you all whine like a bunch of young children who lost their lollipops.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #144
Toolman

Name: Toolman
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Did anyone get any videos of my races with Dimitri ? Just like to see what the carnage looked like when the turbo blew.

B&B Tooling 269-496-9021

B & B Tooling Intakes and custom machined parts.

Member of Drive by Wire Mafia

Old 07-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #145
bigstacks95

Name: bigstacks95
Title: Diesel Doc
Member`s Gallery
I think its more of a concern for people in the larger classes who might be afraid of over-revving their truck down the track with such a loose surface. You would expect that if it were a national event you would have the best prepared surface you can have. Look at the drag racing guys who b!tch about track prep at non-national events. Its not quite as evident in our trucks with 4x4 but you aren't going to want to put your 7 second car on a track that hasn't been prepped correctly.

58 Dodge Power Wagon 3.0 Limited Pro Stock diesel pulling truck

2020 Ram 3500 HO/Aisin Laramie/night tow rig

Old 07-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #146
bigstacks95

Name: bigstacks95
Title: Diesel Doc
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman View Post
Did anyone get any videos of my races with Dimitri ? Just like to see what the carnage looked like when the turbo blew.
My buddy did I will get him to post it

58 Dodge Power Wagon 3.0 Limited Pro Stock diesel pulling truck

2020 Ram 3500 HO/Aisin Laramie/night tow rig

Old 07-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #147
DieselAddict1on

Name: DieselAddict1on
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Bruce Block and Dimitri Millard. 2013 East Coast Diesel Nationals. - YouTube

Old 07-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #148
Toolman

Name: Toolman
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstacks95 View Post
My buddy did I will get him to post it
Thanks man I appreciate it !

B&B Tooling 269-496-9021

B & B Tooling Intakes and custom machined parts.

Member of Drive by Wire Mafia

Old 07-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #149
6BT-DAKOTA

Name: 6BT-DAKOTA
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
While the pulling track may not been up to what many pullers are used to running on I am at a loss at what all the whining is about....

If the track is the same for all the pullers,would that not then be equal and you should have been better prepared to adapt to the surface you are given,instead of whining about it?.You guys kill me,if its not as smooth as the blacktop you drove there on then you all whine like a bunch of young children who lost their lollipops.
Andy, I totally agree on the whole thing about pulling ont he same track and being able to adapt. The fact of the matter is when the track opened at 8:00 the pulling track literially almost had to be mowed thats how much grass was grown in on it.

That track should have been prepared on Friday and ready to pull on Saturday with a little of touch up. Pulling was scheduled to start at 1:00 and didnt begin till after 4 almost 5 just in time for the rain. If the track was prepped and ready to pull on Friday it could have been touched up saturday morning and the pulling could have started on time or earlier knowing that we were going to be getting rain in the afternoon. If the pulling started earlier we could have gotten most if not all of the classes in.

So what if they run pulling and racing at the same time. All I know is that they have had 5 years to get this event straightened out and every year when I go they make the track on the day of the event. There were a lot of people that were very upset at how this went down, all due to a lack of being prepared.

I know no one can control mother nature but with all the technology in forcasting rain that we have things could have been better thought out. Its really a shame cuz this event was one of the better ones ont he east coast.

People travel long distances to compete in this NATIONAL event and spend a lot of $$$ to have o go home with a $30 refund for not hooking after spending hundreds if not thousands getting and staying there . . .

Let me finish by saying im not trying to bash NADM but it could have been handled better then it was. I know u guys had some problems with getting equipment but it was the same thing last year that u got broken equipment. Fans and participants are only going to put up with this for so long, before this event fades off into the sunset like DHRA did . . .

Old 07-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #150
05_LLY

Name: 05_LLY
Title: Hi Im earth, have we met?
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT-DAKOTA View Post

That track should have been prepared on Friday and ready to pull on Saturday with a little of touch up. Pulling was scheduled to start at 1:00 and didnt begin till after 4 almost 5 just in time for the rain. If the track was prepped and ready to pull on Friday it could have been touched up saturday morning and the pulling could have started on time or earlier knowing that we were going to be getting rain in the afternoon. If the pulling started earlier we could have gotten most if not all of the classes in.

So what if they run pulling and racing at the same time. All I know is that they have had 5 years to get this event straightened out and every year when I go they make the track on the day of the event. There were a lot of people that were very upset at how this went down, all due to a lack of being prepared.

I know no one can control mother nature but with all the technology in forcasting rain that we have things could have been better thought out. Its really a shame cuz this event was one of the better ones ont he east coast.

People travel long distances to compete in this NATIONAL event and spend a lot of $$$ to have o go home with a $30 refund for not hooking after spending hundreds if not thousands getting and staying there . . .

Let me finish by saying im not trying to bash NADM but it could have been handled better then it was. I know u guys had some problems with getting equipment but it was the same thing last year that u got broken equipment. Fans and participants are only going to put up with this for so long, before this event fades off into the sunset like DHRA did . . .
Somebody get this guy a beer! Very Well said! Thank you!!!!!

Old 07-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #151
6BT-DAKOTA

Name: 6BT-DAKOTA
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_LLY View Post
Somebody get this guy a beer! Very Well said! Thank you!!!!!
I dont drink but u are welcome . . . .

Old 07-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #152
Hammer

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT-DAKOTA View Post
Andy, I totally agree on the whole thing about pulling ont he same track and being able to adapt. The fact of the matter is when the track opened at 8:00 the pulling track literially almost had to be mowed thats how much grass was grown in on it.

Rob.....
I would agree with that.

Sent While Touring The East Coast!

Old 07-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #153
mulisha

Name: mulisha
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I was the red truck with the stickers . I popped the turbo I don't think I hurt the motor will probably get a good look at it this week. I knew when I was racing Dimitri because he was so much lighter then I was and making so much power I knew I would have to cut a great light and use a lot of nitrous to keep up or stay ahead of him. I guess I gave it a little too much nitrous. Lol The good thing is I got lucky and Dimitri red lit and I got the win.
Overall I thought it was a great event with a big turn out. It seems like it gets bigger every year. I had a great time meeting and talking with everyone. This is always a fun one for me to go to.
I thought so... Let me tell you what.. I was at just pass the 8th. And you were neck and neck, if not ahead of him before the turbo letting go... Truck runs great..

Old 07-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #154
Hammer

Member`s Gallery
The ONE thing that tweaked me was the azzhats in the Duramax parked next to me in the Show-N-Shine area.When they left ALL their trash was left on the ground and I guess their legs couldn't allow them to walk 10ft to the closest trash can.

Sent While Touring The East Coast!

Old 07-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #155
mulisha

Name: mulisha
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
It was loud and very white... Lol...... And very fast.. Especially just before... Looked like a hell of a pass..

Old 07-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #156
AdaMax

Name: AdaMax
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Something else to be said about the track is the same for everybody , when the track is that bad it is just one truck after another going 2 feet further than the last . Then It just becomes the last "decent" truck that goes down the track wins .

Old 07-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #157
ktmracer21

Name: ktmracer21
Title: smart a$$
Member`s Gallery
a big thanks should go out to the Lycoming county fair that bent over backwards for all the pullers that left the "nationals" to come pull with them. the tech guy said it best " Damn, you guys did bring the show!"

a pile o crap 2013 f150 xl freebie

official beer drinker of Apex diesel and the 2013 2.6 usa east points champ strung out pulling team

Old 07-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #158
unfinished business

Name: unfinished business
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmracer21 View Post
a big thanks should go out to the Lycoming county fair that bent over backwards for all the pullers that left the "nationals" to come pull with them. the tech guy said it best " Damn, you guys did bring the show!"
X2! It was a great night!

Old 07-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #159
ClamDigger4

Name: ClamDigger4
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post

Try opening up a 3.0 truck on a track that can't hold 400hp. The trucks are built to run wide open. I feel like most people here are upset they spent tons of money in fuel and lodging and not able to pull due to human error.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #160
Spitfire25

Name: Spitfire25
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Thanks again for you guys that came out and hopefully we can be lucky enough to have you again. We are actually just a small Antique Tractor Pull Club that came up with the idea and we put the show on for the fair. Glad that you thought it was worth your time.

Closed Thread