South Bend Sucks

getonit21904

Run it like you stole it!
Save your time and money and avoid South Bend doubles and triples. I've gone thru 2 DD and 1triple before I finally switched to a Haisley weighted double. All the difference in the world. It will actually go into gear without any troubles now, it will shift at any RPM and holds great. I was a die hard South Bend user until I finally got tired of waisting my time and money. Even called South Bend and talked to Ansul. He asked me a couple of questions about the truck and then finally said, " I don't know what to tell you man". Awesome customer service. Glad they stand behind their product. Enterprise Engine even told me that they have to rework the clutches once they get them so they actually shift better. That's sad.

Yeah, Im pretty glad I went with valair for my 6.7 instead of SB. i hooked once with my SB DD on my 12 valve, and now it slips...

hopefully i can sell some guns to get a weighted haisley for my 12 valve soon...

never owned a SBC but have installed several and have a lot of friends with them and have driven anything from their ofe to their triple. All have their quirks but all have been through stupid amounts of abuse and still run just fine.

That's funny I've had a SBC DD in my 97 for SEVERAL years when it was still a daily driver weekend warrior. I put thousands of miles on my clutch without hardly any problems. My 97 has been a full time puller now for almost 2 years and my SBC is still holding great! Peter & Mansil are awesome people to deal with and DO stand behind their product, but guess what EVERY MAN MADE PRODUCT HAS ISSUES!

Dual disc clutches last depending on how you drive them and if you go out there and try and pull 5th gear every time or do 3rd gear burnouts every other day like some people do and tear the total chit outta clutches that's not the clutch companies fault. I've heard bad things said about EEP's, Valair's, SBC's, Kenny's all of them...they ALL have quirks none of them are perfect but I've had great luck with SBC and will continue to stand by them!

Ran a SBC DD in my old one. With no problems it's all a matter of how you drive it. Caue they will work with you. IDK what to tell you while your eating up clutches. I know plenty that run them without problems.

We have SBC in two of out trucks with absolutely no complaints. And they have amazing customer service.

I had one clutch break, most likely due to install error and Peter replaced it and even upgraded it for me. And another instance, I got ripped off by a douche on this site on a clutch. It had NOTHING to do with Peter in any way. I called peter to order a clutch since the one I got was not what I was told. Peter sold me a brand new Con OF for what I paid for the used piece of junk I received.

Not sure about you but that sounds like pretty damn good customer service to me??????

And I can pull up MANY threads about people having the same problems with every other clutch made. Maybe your problem is operator error...

Travis

I've never had a problem with my SB DD. It's held up under multiple boosted 4wd launches.

We have SBC in two of out trucks with absolutely no complaints. And they have amazing customer service.

I had one clutch break, most likely due to install error and Peter replaced it and even upgraded it for me. And another instance, I got ripped off by a douche on this site on a clutch. It had NOTHING to do with Peter in any way. I called peter to order a clutch since the one I got was not what I was told. Peter sold me a brand new Con OF for what I paid for the used piece of junk I received.

Not sure about you but that sounds like pretty damn good customer service to me??????

And I can pull up MANY threads about people having the same problems with every other clutch made. Maybe your problem is operator error...

Travis

There's a reason my truck wears the stickers it does!:rockwoot:

post-46-1281400907.jpg

I guess I just dont understand these people who say they have so many issues? I have delt with them on several occasions and know many people who SB has gone above and beyond for.

And I am by no means easy on my clutch's

Wow! Maybe your motto of " Run it like you stole it" as something to do it with. The guys at SBC are standup guys. Any piece of equipment can be abused beyond its limits, nothing is perfect.

Had an SB DD in an 05 dodge and Loved it! Hauled big loads with a TST and Bully dog stack and had to make it slip to get the glaze off! IT was the best.

i absolutely hate southbend. i went to the double kennys 4000 big difference. the southbend didnt last at all and pulled once. and the customer service suck. never will buy one again

the clutches that dont last do you slip them alot, try pulling in to high of gear, i can't imagine they just go junk under normal circumstances.

Mine was great, if I buy another they'll be getting my business, peter has always been great to us. We hung out with some guys from south bend a couple years ago at our hotel in indy, I'm pretty sure it was Mansil, one of the funniest guys iv ever met, or at least he was that night lol

Back