At what HP level is water injection needed for a CR

dieselduck

Did some searching, found nothing conclusive, so I thought I would ask; On a CR, at what Hp level is water injection needed or recommended? Does a single vs twins make any difference on this Hp level?

You don't base your water injection need on HP, you base it on what your EGTs are and what you want them to be...

Sooo...... What are your EGTs?

Good idea on any CR when properly setup.

Somebody gets it! Thanks XLR8R

I was reading one of the many threads on Big Swoles latest meltdown, and noticed that several "people in the know" suggested that at his HP level (750+RWHP) water injection was needed and even strongly recommended by a guy directly involved in the build. I am not saying that water injection would have saved Swloes latest build. I am just asking at what HP level do "the people in the know" recommend water injection??? The Snow setup with a 7 gallon tank and progressive controller seams like a sensible add on to me. I might even go so far to call it cheap insurance ($800 water inj vs Meltdown). I will should end up around 500+rwhp on a mild street tune running Rips twins, flux 2's, a Smarty, and stock cp3. I am not looking for Max HP, just a strong running truck, hopefully built to last. Just looking for some input from the CompD members.:thankyou2:

Back