08 F350 fummins help

KyleWaggz

08 F350 CCLB 4X4. Was a 6.4 truck with the 5R110 auto. I swapped it to a 02 24 valve with a G56 behind it. I now have no Park indicator on the cluster, trans harness and shift cable are tucked into the frame rail. How do i trick the Ford electricals into thinking its in Park so it will crank and start?

On the computer on the firewall, passenger side plug wire number 53 is yellow. Take that wire to ground and it'll start with the key. Your also going to have issues with the tcm draining the battery. Anything over 15mph and the tcm stays on and looks for the 5r110 and won't shutoff even with the key off. You can flash your computer over to a manual file, or when you shut the truck off just cycle the key and since your below 15mph it won't latch the tcm

Last edited:
Can I go in through a SCT tuner and tell the truck it's a manual now? Or have to flash computer? Thanks for the quick response and the help much appreciated!

Idk about sct, I used hp tuners to flash mine over to a manual file. Either way I think you have to ground that wire

Thanks for the help. Grounded yellow wire and cranked. Hooked DCS wire up to the correct power wire and started right up. Much appreciated. DCS did send me over the wiring info for manual conversion for rev lights, clutch switch #53 yellow wire and electric shift transfer case. Thanks for you help, can't wait to finish this one up.

Thanks for the help. Grounded yellow wire and cranked. Hooked DCS wire up to the correct power wire and started right up. Much appreciated. DCS did send me over the wiring info for manual conversion for rev lights, clutch switch #53 yellow wire and electric shift transfer case. Thanks for you help, can't wait to finish this one up.

They're sweet trucks converted, glad you got it going.

Back