highest hp with silver bullet single

HT3500

IDK ANYTHING
Ok my question is whats the highest hp anyone has done with a II bullet? What kind of life is everyone gettin out of these turbos? I blew mine today and it only had about 2k miles on it...

I'd be interested in what caused it to blow ? I did 700 with one but, I know there higher.

Kevin did 1013/1587 in his 03 with an off the shelf II silver bullet 66 he has a modified sb 66 on the way. This was with a small shot of juice also. He is the highest I know of on that turbo alone.

Buck, sorry to hear about your troubles, I'll be thinking of you when I pull my motor out after the holidays.

What boost were you running?

The last time I was down mine ran at 70 psi on the bottle, way to much for me. I have/had it set now were the max is 55 on the street(bottle) but it takes away from the #2 and makes it hotter when your on it.

Jim

Jim didn't know the boost cause no guages.....ya I know, no time, but if I had to guess some where around 80 or so...look at my avitar. their is also a link to a vid in comp section on dtr..

well done Buck. I have a SilverBullet and ATS manifold for sale if you are interested LOL

I'll even deliver

CREED1 said:
Kevin did 1013/1587 in his 03 with an off the shelf II silver bullet 66 he has a modified sb 66 on the way. This was with a small shot of juice also. He is the highest I know of on that turbo alone.

Yep, Kevin did 786 on #2, and 1013 on the juice.

Garmon did over 1000hp with a shot of NOS but I think his was gated down in the low 70's like Fulmer mentioned. FWIW when I talked to the guys at HTT a while back they said that these turbos can handle that but not a bunch of times. And yes I know I am referring to HTT turbos and not II but the same basic turbo.

After 65 psi you start beating on the thrust bearing too much, plus the drive pressure is way up there, probably 90 or so.

I.I. pushed it to 90 before to find the limits, they did.

Jim

Is there a difference between how much fuel only hp it can handle and how much NOS it can handle???

B.A.Ram said:
Is there a difference between how much fuel only hp it can handle and how much NOS it can handle???

Yes, the wastegate needs to be setupfor different opening points depending on doing fuel only or nitrous.

To use it effectively with nitrous then the gate needs to be opened sooner to keep the turbine speed from getting nutty.

~Wes~

Crawler said:
Yes, the wastegate needs to be setupfor different opening points depending on doing fuel only or nitrous.

To use it effectively with nitrous then the gate needs to be opened sooner to keep the turbine speed from getting nutty.

~Wes~

Like the way mine is setup, everything is give and take.

Jim

HT3500 was at 935 hp when she blew! And that's on a notoriously stingy, older Dynojet (with heavier drum, I believe) that reads 10-15% lower than 248c Dynojets around Dallas.

Do the numbers count if you don't finish in one piece? ;)

RJ

Red stroke did 1111hp on the dyno and then went to the track and on the first pass it went BOOM and it was NEW. three runs on the dyno and it was leaking oil allready. yes I know after that we shouldn't have went to the track LOL

not sure what exact HP was made, but we went 10.90@125 in a 7200lbs CR truck. single silver bullet from industrial injection.

We had a club member do 742/1200+ on fuel alone with a 04.5 CR,dual CP3's and other fuel related goodies with a Silver Bullet.

We also had a member break one on a 12v with less than 5k on it on the street.He came out to start his truck to go to work and POP went the charger,no rhyme or reason why it happened........Andy

well guys got the truck running again, nothing got hurt motor wise. On the turbo issue I'v tried a couple different singles and nothing comes close to the silver bullet as far as street manners. So I will go back with another just cause it was such a blast to drive. Industrial did tell me there comin out with a new K31 that is very streetable, we'll see...

Back