Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 01:51 PM   #1
rjrandy96

Name: rjrandy96
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
New to sled pulls

So I want to get into sled pulling on occasionmai my for fun not looking to be #1 wherever I go. So I wanted to build my newly purchased 98 12v Cummins. I do have another vehicle to drive for work but would like to go mud bogging and daily drive it just because it would cool. I first wanted to get a mv4500 with bigger shaft and dual Southbend sled pull clutch with the 3600 lb plate so it wouldn’t be terrible to drive. I simply love manuals i have an auto in it right now and am looking for someone to do a swap with me I will throw in some cash to.
As for my build plans tho
Hamilton 110 springs
Stage 3 pushrods just because it’s not that much more than stage 1 ones or twos
ARP 625 studs
178/208 Hamilton cam
S362sxe over a s475 twin turbo kit
5x16 injectors
Built 12mm p pump from industrial injection target goal of 750hp
AFC live
Traction bars from somewhere I’m looking for everyone’s opinions
If the motor start to get a lot of blow by or I think it’s just getting clapped out I’ll rebuild and port the heads and fire ring it than. Don’t feel the need to tear it down just yet only has 211k stock.
Some kind rear locker and I don’t know if they make a front posi since I still Wana drive this thing in Michigan need to use 4x4
Is there anything I’m missing? Anything you guys would change? Again I just wanna have a ton of fun driving it to work and to my buddy’s 80 acre mud bogging lot and do sled pulls once or twice a year just to have fun and hopefully hold up

Old 07-16-2019, 01:00 PM   #2
ryanss22

Name: ryanss22
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
A little punctuation goes a long way.. the search button is your friend on here, along with google.

But I wouldn't go with 625 studs, 425 or L-19s are fine for your setup. Watch your timing with the stock pistons and you should be okay..

BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!!to

Closed Thread