Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tractor Performance > General Tractor Performance > Ford / NewHolland
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ford / NewHolland The Blue Effect

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
f2504x4

Name: f2504x4
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Simms Pump inlet PSI

I am just curious what others have been running for inlet pressure into the simms pump. I am finishing up my 9000 Ford Farm Stock puller and am going to be using an electric pusher pump and regulator to supply fuel (doing away with the leak prone mechanical) to the injection pump and wondered what others have been running as far as inlet pressure. I was going to run about 20 psi to and I figure that is enough but wanted to hear what others have tried.

Specs of my puller:
401 bored .030 (class limit 436)
simms inline 9.5mm (limited to stock pump type and this year money limited this to 9.5mm instead of the 11mm class limit)
Mack injectors nozzles
Mild Port and Polish Job on the head, may step up to a genesis head as money allows.
H1E Holset turbo (rules allow 3lm466 or like sized turbo of 2.3 inlet, many in the class run HX40 but I had a brand new H1E laying in the garage)

I am not planning on winning much or any this year, just trying to get the tractor lined out before I go hotter with the engine. The class is 9,000lb farm stock, 436 cid limit, factory injection pump limited to 11mm in the case of the Simms, 2.3" turbo and other safety rules.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
redneckporsche

Name: redneckporsche
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Im in the process of putting a 9700 together i was running a 9.5 mm pump, billet HX 35. I was pushing fuel with a Holley Blue pump i never had any problems with not enough fuel to the Injection pump. It made roughly 15 PSI.

Closed Thread