AFC simplified

washers

For all of us without lathe at home just go get finder washers and drill the hole out a little to fit. That's what I did.

or sand the washers flat it's not that hard to modify them with abrasives.

Questions:
- does the Diaphragm ever become a limiting factor?
- will altering the lever height in any way put the afc in a 'bind'?

I'm curious at what mm travel does the governor arm come off the foot. Or is the gov arm in contact with the foot the whole time?

I always set the AFC lever adjustment as low(clockwise) as allowed to prevent the governor arm from hanging/binding.

Does the hanging/binding occur when the governor arm snaps back when returning from full throttle? The lower the AFC lever the longer it takes to clear the AFC lever when going from idle to full throttle correct? Thanks Weston

If the lever is too low it can get under the fuel plate.

This is true, and the reason to lower the AFC lever.

Does the hanging/binding occur when the governor arm snaps back when returning from full throttle? The lower the AFC lever the longer it takes to clear the AFC lever when going from idle to full throttle correct? Thanks Weston

No, when the rack advances it is possible for the governor arm to get bound underneath the AFC lever, the same principle applies to the fuel plate. The governor arm needs to contact the AFC lever from off idle until high idle.

I've had mine hang when letting out the clutch too quick at a light, rpm's drop to about 500 and I give it a little throttle to get going. It ovefuels bad, and as the rpms pick back up, the engine starts to accelerate quickly, I let off the throttle and it takes about a half a second of so for the pedal to return and the truck to settle down.

I guess this is a good of place as any to ask this, my super phat shaft 66mm lights (I think of 20psi as lite) by 1800rpms is that good for my turbo or should i keep messin with the AFC to get it to lite sooner?

for a 66 that sounds great, but you can always adjust the preboost a 1/4 turn this way or that way to make it better, never know unless you test it

thats why i have a flex shaft hooked up to my pre boost so i can give it a small turn up or down to make the fueling perfect due to weather changes

Rookie question but how do y'all go about finding out what your max boost is before dialing in your afc? My turbo is non gated and currently hits 55psi in OD which seems about right. Just wanting to make sure I dont get the spring to tight and limit fueling.

Rookie question but how do y'all go about finding out what your max boost is before dialing in your afc? My turbo is non gated and currently hits 55psi in OD which seems about right. Just wanting to make sure I dont get the spring to tight and limit fueling.

take the AFC foot out and see what it does

Back