Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Drag Racing
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Drag Racing Where ALL Racers are Welcome- From ET Bracket, all the way to ProStreet and Top Diesel!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 01:11 AM   #61
dieselhead117

Name: dieselhead117
Title: Up and Coming
Member`s Gallery
This is good information. I appreciate it. Saying that as someone just getting into drag racing.

08 Hyosung GT250R

Old 07-24-2011, 02:41 AM   #62
Corn Fed

Name: Corn Fed
Title: S.D.P
Member`s Gallery
i remember at TS 2010 when mechem got double bulbed he about blew a gasket holy **** lol

Old 07-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #63
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Excellent post, Greg.
I have an example of racers needing practice. A few years back, a sledpuller jumped into his haul rig and won 4 rounds, made it to the finals, where a real racer waxed him.
Aside from time trials, that was the first he had ever raced that truck, and had only a few rounds years before that with a pulling truck that he couldn't shift.

He has picked on racers mercilessly ever since and brags about having trophies in both sports!!!

He should never had made it past the first round!!!!

Old 07-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #64
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
Greg,

I agree 100% with your post so those that want to "RACE" can get better..

But please allow me to think out loud a bit..

Not everyone is a full time "Racer". Some folks like me will race when I can but the other portion of my track time is simply enjoying my truck and trying to set new "Personal Best".

I don't always have to compete to go to the track and have fun.
I could go by myself and with nobody else there and make passes and have a great time. All the while just tryin to get faster/ quicker by trying new things / tunes / setups..

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Not everyone has the same agenda as you and others like Paul that just race all the time.

I know you hate when folks like Me come on the internet sites and so called "Brag" about how quick my truck is...but to me, breaking a personal best is just Fun and I like sharng with those that can appreciate what it did. As well I Love to congratulate those that do the same thing! I' in no way trying to act like I've done anything special, I'm simply just Happy that my truck went quicker and stayed together.

I love racing! But I've only been drag racing my truck for about 4 years. Before that I was riding motorcross and road racing sportbikes at track days and such. There are Always gonna be the "Newbs" in every sport that won't have the experience and know everything there is to know.. But I commend you for trying to teach us /them.

I love this sport as I love motorcycle racing. And I've always been the type to offer help and advice to those that didn't know as much as I did. I Love watching others succeed. Even if they end up being better / faster / quicker than Me. I know My limits and if some surpasses it, then more power and best of luck to them.

But, I never try to judge someone's reasoning behind them doing what they do.
Not everyone is trying to be a racer, some just love being around it and being involved even if it just means making a few passes to set personal best. Meeting new friends and hanging out at the races is just as much fun to me as the racing itself.

That ends my "Rant" as Jason would say.
Once again, I agree and appreciate you trying to teach us "less knowlegable" guys.... Just don't judge us if our agendas are different than yours.
-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Last edited by Big Swole; 07-24-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #65
ctd8999

Name: ctd8999
Title: P-Pump chump
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledpuller View Post
Excellent post, Greg.
I have an example of racers needing practice. A few years back, a sledpuller jumped into his haul rig and won 4 rounds, made it to the finals, where a real racer waxed him.
Aside from time trials, that was the first he had ever raced that truck, and had only a few rounds years before that with a pulling truck that he couldn't shift.

He has picked on racers mercilessly ever since and brags about having trophies in both sports!!!

He should never had made it past the first round!!!!
Who was the first 4 rounds against, other sled pullers ??

Old 07-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #66
ElliotB_16

Name: ElliotB_16
Title: WHAT?
Member`s Gallery
Most diesel enthusiast don't race that often, you go to nhrda races and there's bracket racers who have no clue what to do.
On the other hand I've raced against gassers before and they double bubble while I'm still trying to stage. Pull around the water, engage 4wd, make sure lock up is on, slowly spool up
CompD Mobile Device

Old 07-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #67
Dockboy

Name: Dockboy
Title: Comps BFF
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Swole View Post
Greg,

I agree 100% with your post so those that want to "RACE" can get better..

But please allow me to think out loud a bit..

Not everyone is a full time "Racer". Some folks like me will race when I can but the other portion of my track time is simply enjoying my truck and trying to set new "Personal Best".

I don't always have to compete to go to the track and have fun.
I could go by myself and with nobody else there and make passes and have a great time. All the while just tryin to get faster/ quicker by trying new things / tunes / setups..

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Not everyone has the same agenda as you and others like Paul that just race all the time.

I know you hate when folks like Me come on the internet sites and so called "Brag" about how quick my truck is...but to me, breaking a personal best is just Fun and I like sharng with those that can appreciate what it did. As well I Love to congratulate those that do the same thing! I' in no way trying to act like I've done anything special, I'm simply just Happy that my truck went quicker and stayed together.

I love racing! But I've only been drag racing my truck for about 4 years. Before that I was riding motorcross and road racing sportbikes at track days and such. There are Always gonna be the "Newbs" in every sport that won't have the experience and know everything there is to know.. But I commend you for trying to teach us /them.

I love this sport as I love motorcycle racing. And I've always been the type to offer help and advice to those that didn't know as much as I did. I Love watching others succeed. Even if they end up being better / faster / quicker than Me. I know My limits and if some surpasses it, then more power and best of luck to them.

But, I never try to judge someone's reasoning behind them doing what they do.
Not everyone is trying to be a racer, some just love being around it and being involved even if it just means making a few passes to set personal best. Meeting new friends and hanging out at the races is just as much fun to me as the racing itself.

That ends my "Rant" as Jason would say.
Once again, I agree and appreciate you trying to teach us "less knowlegable" guys.... Just don't judge us if our agendas are different than yours.
David,

My comments were directed towards those who want to show up at an organized race to help them understand the differences between "a race" and your basic T&T. Although proper edict should be used at both and the more people are informed the better.

How would you like it if a mall/rent-a-cop showed up at the police firing range with a new uzi waving it all over the place with total disregard to the proper edict? How would that person be perceived?

I'm sorry you feel "judged". The intent was to inform, not judge.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #68
dieselbeef

Name: dieselbeef
Title: dick doggin
Member`s Gallery
here we go again..stop pissing on each others boots ...

01 2500 4x4 quad cab all stock/drag comp

07.5 3500 4x4 dually 4 dr 6.7 d&j extreme, fleece cheetah, gorend triple, cat filters,

rip wrongway...

Old 07-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #69
Michael

Name: Michael
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Jason makes a good point that "courtesy staging" is not a requirement in most organizations, but as the name implies it is usually done as a courtesy. The WJ/Geoffrion vid was a classic, and featured the guy that bought me my first "legal" beer on my 21st birthday, the late great Steve Evans...
95 F350 CC DRW, Intake, exhaust, chip, injectors, locker, gauges
00 Jetta TDI - tunes, clutch & gauges
And a bunch of gassers

Old 07-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #70
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockboy View Post
David,

My comments were directed towards those who want to show up at an organized race to help them understand the differences between "a race" and your basic T&T. Although proper edict should be used at both and the more people are informed the better.

How would you like it if a mall/rent-a-cop showed up at the police firing range with a new uzi waving it all over the place with total disregard to the proper edict? How would that person be perceived?

I'm sorry you feel "judged". The intent was to inform, not judge.

Greg,

I thought I was VERY clear about understanding your intent and Giving you Props for doing so... I was just adding my "Thinking out loud" as I said, so others that are Not so into being a full time racer or just can't afford to, will feel that's it OK not to...But YES they still need to learn the proper way to do things...

I didn't say I feel judged but that's a part of life.. I know I get judged as do Everyone on this earth... Most know that I'm me, will be me, and am ok with "me"... I'm Way used to being judged and just accept it..

Didn't mean to ruffle feathers.. Just added my own take on things..

My apologies... I guess I shouldn't have jacked up your thread... That's mad bad...

Old 07-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #71
RedLineDiesel

Name: RedLineDiesel
Title: Hot Nasty Bad A@@ Speed
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockboy View Post

It is always sportsman like to practice "courtesy staging". This is where the first person to pre-stage waits for the other competitor to pre-stage before pulling in to the full stage. In other words, don't double bulb.
I think people need to pay special attention to this one. Nothing is more aggravating than pre-stagging your truck and getting double bulbed on spool up.

www.rdpdiesel.com[COLOR="red"] 330-345-3000

Old 07-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #72
BIGRPOWR

Name: BIGRPOWR
Title: SBTTFMF
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLineDiesel View Post
I think people need to pay special attention to this one. Nothing is more aggravating than pre-stagging your truck and getting double bulbed on spool up.
the other thing is happening on accident. it takes a few times at the track to get it in line. drivers meeting are great places to say things like this.
CONTACT US FOR ANYTHING DIESEL RELATED FROM INTAKES TO EXHAUST AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
800-581-8986

Old 07-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #73
Subman631

Name: Subman631
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLineDiesel View Post
Guess I'm missing something, I don't light the first bulb until I'm damn near spolled I do it as I'm rolling in, mind you mine doesn't take too long. If the other guy lights the first bulb and then the second before I light the first one I really don't care, I do my own thing, what really get me is when you do light the first bulb and the other guy just sets there and doesn't move in. That does get me.

Closed Thread