Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > General Diesel Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

General Diesel Tech Farm equipment, Medium Duty, Big Rigs, and other General discussion can be found in here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
Hawker

Name: Hawker
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
MBE900 - EGR delete and now low on power?

After removing the EGR cooler from my 05 freightliner M2 because of extremely low power and EGR valve codes, I now find that I've lost the last little bit of power in the pedal, from 3/4 to full pedal, runnign up hills to keep from losing speed. I would have thought that after getting rid of the EGR, I would have gained a little bit of power back. The only thing I can figure out is that the computer is sensing no other gasses past the EGR temp sensor, and running the motor lean. (I also think that because i never see the slight puffs of black smoke on take off like i used to)

My only thought was to take the EGR temp sensor and run it in the coolant line to show some type of temperature differential and hope that that may work.

Anyone else have any ideas?

(the original problem was the spacer that took up the backlash between the valve motor and EGR valve had broken to pieces, so when the motor was trying to open or close the valve, it would have little or no throw)

Old 07-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #2
1-5-3-6-2-4

Name: 1-5-3-6-2-4
Title: Low-Tech Redneck
Member`s Gallery
MBEs are garbage. Do yourself a favor and get rid of it. that being said, yes now you would have to reprogram the ecm to not look for the egr valve. then recurve the fuel and boost maps. easier said than done on a Mercedies.

---------------------------------------------------
'06 Ford F450 CCSB Lariate 37" Toyos Ppump 24v
'94 Dodge 2500 2wd RCLB 12v auto
'73 Camaro RS/Z-28 - soon LS3 stroked and forged

Closed Thread