Looking for advice on building a hot street 12 valve.

chevyboy3672

Looking for advice on building a 1000-1300hp 12valve motor w/t single s480 turbo and 13mm pump .Thats going in a play truck. I was looking at hamilton stg2 cyl head w/t fire rings ,hamilton cam 207/220 or 214/230 , MAHLE Dual Steel Ring Marine 155° piston w/t total seal gapless rings. 14mm headstuds ,14mm main studs w/t girdle, brazilian rod the well be peened and polished , maxspool chormaly pushrods .The crank going to get turned and the rotation Assembly well be balanced.

You won’t like those cams on the street 188/220 will be a better choice , total seal ring package isn’t possible with those pistons with keystone rings ..

You won’t like those cams on the street 188/220 will be a better choice , total seal ring package isn’t possible with those pistons with keystone rings ..

LOL
I don't think he'll like that kind of power on the street. I doubt the cam choice will make a difference in drive-ability.

Build a 500hp truck for the street. A snappy 500hp will be twice as fun as a chitty smokey hot 1000hp.

Build a 500hp truck for the street. A snappy 500hp will be twice as fun as a chitty smokey hot 1000hp.

I second this 100%. My 677/1158 12 valve was WAY more fun on the street and easier to drive than my 13mm compounded drag truck that has the potential to make 1000+.

Overbuild the engine and start with small power, that way you can add air and fuel in the future. You'll realize after you upgrade that less is fun on the street :rockwoot:

I second this 100%. My 677/1158 12 valve was WAY more fun on the street and easier to drive than my 13mm compounded drag truck that has the potential to make 1000+.

Overbuild the engine and start with small power, that way you can add air and fuel in the future. You'll realize after you upgrade that less is fun on the street :rockwoot:

What was that 677hp setup if you don't mind me asking? You can message if you want

My race truck spools a 75/96/1.15 like nothing. Could easily be street driven. A 80 wouldn’t be much worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess everyone has different ideas of what's streetable. I can't imagine a big single setup in traffic being very fun at all

How do you apply 1300 hp to the street ? Not to mention the road black out . 800 hp is pretty wild on the street in 2wd

I guess everyone has different ideas of what's streetable. I can't imagine a big single setup in traffic being very fun at all

Mine has a stock cam too. I make 10lbs by 2000. But I have a 2400 stall. That helps more then anything.

If you want big numbers on the street for whatever reason, build a gasser. It’ll be cheaper.
Anything north of 500 and its a diminishing return unless you enjoy pedaling the thing.
I started off wanting a “jack of all trades” truck because I couldn’t have something i had to trailer around, then it turned into what you’re describing.

IMO unless you have the money to go sub 10’s, and you want to cruise in it, build a 5-600 horse truck and index race. I know many people that have a LOT better experience at the track that way.

Last edited:
I make 10lbs by 2000.

10psi boost won’t clean up a truck fueled enough to make 1K HP and at 10psi it’s just starting to make power.

I don’t know about you, but the majority of my street driving is done between 1100 and 1600rpm. At those RPMs you’d have one smoky, laggy pig.

LOL... I'd say there are a lot of variables. One being how retarded you are. No offense meant either. About 10 years ago I was daily driving a 600+rwhp 4 cylinder car with no AC and about 14" of down pipe dumped at the firewall. That's just retarded, but I was loving it back then.

I like mufflers and AC a lot nowadays lol. People have different tolerances.

LOL... I'd say there are a lot of variables. One being how retarded you are. No offense meant either. About 10 years ago I was daily driving a 600+rwhp 4 cylinder car with no AC and about 14" of down pipe dumped at the firewall. That's just retarded, but I was loving it back then.

I like mufflers and AC a lot nowadays lol. People have different tolerances.

This is a pretty good point really LOL

I thought my first gen was the coolest thing on 4 wheels. chitty getrag with a floppy shifter, no ac, hardly any heat, zero sound deadening. Would have driven it anywhere. Nowadays I wouldnt ride in a first gen to my neighbors house.

1000hp 6.7 daily commonrail on a single? Yeah that can be done.

You’re gonna end up disappointed if you try the same thing with a 12 valve.

I agree with most everyone on the thread, drop a 467.7 in it and if you truly want 1000hp street truck toss a 488 in front of the 467 and boom, 1000hp.

I drove my truck around for awhile with a 475 single and a 13mm pump it it was a total riot at 748hp on fuel. (I believe it was actually around 800hp with better fuel pressure, it was dropping under 20psi on the 748 run)

Now with all of that said, I dropped a stock 102mm hx82 in front of the same 475 and it’s even more of a riot, and spools up faster than the single did, and makes a conservative 1000hp (not dyno proven yet)

Back