FASS 150/180-101 question

PRattenbury

Neophyte
I have this FASS kit, and I was wondering how the pressure is maintained in the fuel system at 45 or 50 psi when the return is plumbed directly back to the tank, and the overflow valve in the p-pump is designed to hold 30 psi? Sorry if the answer is obvious. The system is a few hundred miles away right now, and I was curious.

Anybody.... anybody...... Bueller...... Diesel-Dan........

Is a regulator that is not included in the 150/180-1010 kit required in the return to the tank??

Anybody.... anybody......

PRattenbury said:
I have this FASS kit, and I was wondering how the pressure is maintained in the fuel system at 45 or 50 psi when the return is plumbed directly back to the tank, and the overflow valve in the p-pump is designed to hold 30 psi? Sorry if the answer is obvious. The system is a few hundred miles away right now, and I was curious.

Our FASS pump has its own return back to the tank. It relies on a dead head condition on at the P-pump to maintain pressure. Pressure is built up in our pumps by restricting the return flow going back to the tank.

As for the 30 PSI valve in the P-pump....i dont think this directly effects inlet pressure unless its really weak. I feel this way because we have been able to get pressures above 45 PSI for some applications.....but i have had a valve open up too soon and bleed off pressure....and cause issues......

Thanks, Dan. If I understand, the regulator function is served by the FASS pump, so no additional regulator would be required. Guess if I had the documentation with me I would have seen that. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Ah, it's amazing how the light bulb goes on when you RTFM. So there is 2 separate, independent returns to the tank. One is the stock return from the p-pump and injectors that goes where it always did, and the other is from the FASS which tees into the filler neck. Got it! Thanks. :thankyou2:

Back