Front bumper weights?

Hello everyone,

I just picked up a 2006 dodge ram megacab laramie that has a fabricated front bump, very similar to a ranch hand with a winch. I am wondering if anyone here has ever weighed the stock front bumper & cover and then compared it to their fabricate bumper (could be any of the vendors)?

Any information would be great.

I tried searching all over the place but could not find a lot of anything.

Thank you,

Paul

Ya, stock between 60 - 80 lbs depending with or not fog lights, plastic laramie, etc.

My aftermarket Body Gaurd was about 195 lbs I think without a winch. Probably add another 70 - 90 for a winch on top of that.

--Eric

my front bumper i made for my truck wieghs 260 lbs. It is all 1/4" plate and then my mounts and gussets are 1/2". i actually wanted it to be heavy cuase i needed to drop the front of the truck 2" but it only dropped it about 1/2".

100_3455.jpg

My stock front bumper with fog lights weighed in at 82lbs when I took it off. Weighed it on one of those hanging livestock scales. I replaced it with a RoadArmor front bumper, it weighed in at 226lbs. I added a winch, but forgot to weigh it, probably another 75lbs, or thereabouts. It didn't budge my KORE springs, no height loss whatsoever, is at the same height before installing. I've had no front end problems, no excessive wear or short life of ball joints, etc. I would imagine the stock springs/suspension would have had a little height loss, def not as stiff as the KORE springs.

CD

Back