Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Fleece Performance Engineering
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
operator62

Name: operator62
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Updates on 6.7->5.9 ECM harness adapter?

Saw this in a Diesel Power magazine a while back. Curious as to where you guys are with that now? Any expected public release date yet? Cost? Package deal with harness adapter, ecm, and tunes?

Old 12-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
Blueboy

Name: Blueboy
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Reiff Diesel does the swap you are asking about.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
paul06d-max

Name: paul06d-max
Title: Mechanic
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by operator62 View Post
Saw this in a Diesel Power magazine a while back. Curious as to where you guys are with that now? Any expected public release date yet? Cost? Package deal with harness adapter, ecm, and tunes?
We have the first run of adapter harnesses finished and have been testing them on competition vehicles over the summer. We have seen a few of them that have a different signal for the starter, so we are trying to find the common denominator there. Really the only real gain of doing the swap is for extreme competition vehicles that need the extra rpm and the few extra things tuning wise. It is not something you would need on a normal everyday street truck. Standard EFI Live tuning the 6.7 ecm will yield great gains for most everyone. Although if you are set on the ecm swap keep in mind what we offer is going to integrate like factory, and not be some spliced up wiring harnesses to make something work..
150% S&S Injectors
PPE Dual Pumps
PPE Manifolds
Ultimate Idler Arm

fleeceperformance.com

Old 12-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
EFI Support

Name: EFI Support
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
We saw the Fleece setup first hand a week or so ago. The harness is very clean looking piece of equipment. Puts the harnesses we use here to shame!

Cheers
Cindy

Download EFILive software (for free)

2006-2016 DODGE CUMMINS
2001-2016 DURAMAX 6.6L
2014-2016 DURAMAX 2.8L

Custom Tuning Software NOW AVAILABLE

Old 02-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #5
operator62

Name: operator62
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Biggest reason for my inquiry is that for some reason I have had issues with EFI Live not wanting to jive with my truck. May not be the best decision to go to the 5.9 ecm, but I think it will solve my issues. Very first issue was the dead ECM cuz of the Smarty "return to stock" feature, which Cindy took care of very quickly, and speaks tons for their company. Second issue I began noticing was that I could never flash in a file other than one that said it was NOT okay to flash. For whatever reason, all the ones that did say they were okay to flash would cause a MAP sensor code and the VGT would close the vanes up and they'd stay there till a certain throttle percentage was met. Finally, got a tune in the truck now that was okay to flash in, but I still have the speed limiter for some reason. I was told I wasn't the only one experiencing that, and it was being worked on. I haven't heard anything on it lately though. Not to mention that going to a 5.9 ECM I can go ahead and have the 5 position switch, and have more tunes. Unless, that's already been released for the 6.7s? I'm a little out of the loop, and I haven't heard anything more on that either. Guess I really should visit their site and see what the latest is. lol Anyways, I would like the ability to get more rpms out of it. I do plan to build the motor up in the future. The truck doesn't get driven much now as it is, and will be driven less and less as time goes on. Definitely not a fan of throwing stuff together just to make it work for sure. Another reason why I like ya'll's harness. It's good quality stuff from what I've seen so far.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #6
Kronk

Name: Kronk
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Fleece you still require a 5.9 alternator swap and and push to start switch in conjunction with the key in order for this harness to work?

Closed Thread