Could use a few pulling tips.

WELLFED

I own a 06 Dodge 4X4 quad cab dually six speed diesel with AFE stage 2 intake, 4" MBRP SS exhaust, a bully dog triple dog programmer, and auto meter gauges, I really would like to give the sled a tug at the local fair, my question is what gear to pull in 4 low? The drivetrain remains stock with stock road tires. If any one could give me some advise I would greatly appreciate your time. Anyother tips would be great. Great Great site
Thanks, Wellfed:bang

Last edited:
rev the truck to 1800 rpm or so and try to keep it there till the clutch locks up. then hammer it down to the floor. use 3rd gear low range with the stock clutch. if the sled is light you can get away with 4th gear, but be carfull and don't slip the clutch too long. and don't try a wfo run hooked to the sled, you have to have a dual disk clutch for that.

First gear high side or second low with a stock clutch. I really dont see that clutch holding with trying to pull in third low.

Andy

Thanks for the insight I'll have to decide if it's worth taking a chance on smoking the clutch out of it or wait til I upgrade. Thanks again.:thankyou2:

I pulled on my stock clutch a couple times, never could get the sled started in 3rd, had to do 2nd.

Back