Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance > P-Pump 24Valve
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 02:16 PM   #61
THATpreston

Name: THATpreston
Title: Brush your teeth.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BgBlDodge View Post
Then why don't you step out of this thread....

That's probably the lamest thing I've read on CompD. You post a list asking what you are missing. You made a statement about a part and you get a suggestion and then pull this crap? Seriously? Wow. Just wow. Why even ask?

If you were ***serious*** about this sport, you would take the advice, store it or blow it off. Top teams will pay stupid money for ANY improvement that yields an advantage. This applies to all forms of motor sports.

Whatever the chip is you have on your shoulder needs to be knocked off so you can put on your big girl panties. Don't like Smokem and his parts? Great! Don't buy em! Just know this....that guy has forgot more than you know. Nuff said.

2006 Dodge Mega Cab Dually - "MOBYDK"
Diesel Performance Converters ~ Pro Street Diesel ~ MCN Diesel

CompD Mod White Dodge Club, member #1.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #62
THATpreston

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMONEYDIESEL View Post
You shouldn't have to MASSAGE your injector after you just BOUGHT the damn thing from a performance injector company
EXACTLY!

Old 10-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #63
BgBlDodge

Name: BgBlDodge
Title: Hates hippies
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokem View Post
Terrible idea, but comical.
Quote:
Well several folks I've spoken to said it'll work just fine so I'm going with it. Being fed by my Fass it should have more than enough fuel to support 385hp. If not, I'll chunk it and upgrade the FASS.
Quote:
A new Carter mechanical lift pump is ~ $90, why even bother with a used one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedtexan View Post
Cause a used one is free?
Quote:
But it's used? Whatever, call me crazy, I don't like wasting my time.
Quote:
Then why don't you step out of this thread....
I don't see a suggestion on a part? I see a wiseass comment that started everything but I don't see a suggestion on a part. And sorry my comment wasn't up to your specs but I thought it came across plenty clear that if he didn't wanna waste his time then he might wanna leave because that's all he's going to be doing in this thread. If that aggravates some of you then so be it.

What I find comical is that I now have 3 mods that have joined in on this. That's what I find comical.

Tyler Williams

We have become educated beyond our intelligence. -Jerry Clower

Old 10-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #64
THATpreston

Member`s Gallery
How about the "Terrible Idea"? That's input.

Most of us are mods here either cause we have some knowledge or are associated with some.

You ask a question. You get an answer. You don't like the answers you get, don't ask a question. Pretty simple, eh?

Old 10-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #65
displacedtexan

Name: displacedtexan
Title: $500 PREMIUM MEMBER
Member`s Gallery
I'm not saying that I or any of the other guys that think Tyler's proposed lift pump setup will work fine for the power levels he's shooting for after the swap know as much as Weson, or anyone else. But we've worked on these engines, and watched others do the same. We've seen stuff work.

Tyler would love the best lift pump setup, but at the moment he doesn't have the money that the top teams have. He's trying to get this swap done on a budget as soon as possible so he has 2 good VPs to sell to help pay for it. He's trying to get the truck back on the road so he has something to drive to work the Monday after the swap.

Maybe some people forget that all of us on here have diferent budgets, and priorities, and circumstances we have to work with. I'd love a turbo, but that money will send me to Kansas to pheasant hunt this winter, and then to Louisana to redfish/speckeled trout fish this spring. So I'll keep running a less than perfect turbo because it works good enough...

Old 10-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #66
cummins724

Name: cummins724
Title: BREAKING $HIT
Member`s Gallery
I was in chat the night all of this started & man did I see a giant twist happen. We were talking injectors & Smokems injectors were mentioned. Only thing Tyler said was that he wouldn't mind running a set, but he can't afford them. He said that he only paid $360. for the JL injectors that he has now. He said that he really likes Jon, the deal Jon gave him & the overall performance of his injectors. He spoke of how smooth the injectors were & how happy he was with his purchase & the service Jon provided. Then Tyler said that if he did swap his JL injectors for a set of Smokems injectors, he couldn't justify spending that extra money for the little performance gain unless he was trying to go for a hp record.

How it got back to Smokem that Tyler said his injectors are junk is beyond me? He DID NOT say that.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #67
BgBlDodge

Member`s Gallery
Thanks jamie and nick. At least someone listens. I've said it countless, numerous times, that I never called his injectors or products or service junk, I've called it good and his customers are happy with his products. All I've said is that the extra cost is not justified given the minor benefits. If yall've got such a BIG problem with the fact that I won't run his stuff or bow down before him just because he is "Smokem" then I don't know what to tell yall other than I don't care. Call me naïve, ignorant, or a dumb SOB, bash my truck and its power, whatever, I don't care. Either way I will not run his prodcuts and I will continue to say that his extra cost does not outweigh the benefits of my JL injectors. Don't like it, sorry.

Tyler Williams

Old 10-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #68
cummins724

Member`s Gallery
Well, I do heavy equipment for a living & You can tell whoever you want, but I don't think a Cat skidsteer is worth the money Cat sells them for. They don't "move more dirt" than my other skidsteers. I prefer New Holland skidsteers, not only because they are more balanced, but also more comfortable to operate. New Hollands are also easier to service & parts are readily available in my area.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #69
displacedtexan

Member`s Gallery
But the Cat ones have a really cool logo, and lots of accessories with the logo on them, hats, hoodies, shirts, etc...

Old 10-30-2009, 12:39 AM   #70
Gotlift01

Name: Gotlift01
Title: Captain Insano
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THATpreston View Post

That's probably the lamest thing I've read on CompD. You post a list asking what you are missing. You made a statement about a part and you get a suggestion and then pull this crap? Seriously? Wow. Just wow. Why even ask?

If you were ***serious*** about this sport, you would take the advice, store it or blow it off. Top teams will pay stupid money for ANY improvement that yields an advantage. This applies to all forms of motor sports.

Whatever the chip is you have on your shoulder needs to be knocked off so you can put on your big girl panties. Don't like Smokem and his parts? Great! Don't buy em! Just know this....that guy has forgot more than you know. Nuff said.
How is that lame? Honestly....everything Smokem has to say to Tyler is nothing more than an insult and trying to make him look like a moron...so how is telling him to leave his thread "lame"? He asked a few simple questions, and in return, he gets somebody with a large thorn in there ass coming onto his thread making stupid remarks, thus cluttering up what could have been a useful thread with this BS. ( I know I'm not helping matters by posting this, but this crap seriously pisses me off! )

He never asked if running a used pump was a good idea or not...he simply stated the parts that he had to use due to being on a "BUDGET". Then Smokem takes it upon himself to tell him it's a "terrible idea...but comical". Now to me, that's just being a plain and simple ASS...no other way to look at it. If he actually wanted to be helpful and give some useful input... he could have worded it a LOT different..such as; "I would suggest spending the money on a new pump...they are relatively cheap, and might save you some headache in the long run". Now that right there would have been some helpful input.....not " Terrible idea...but comical". Just my

At a simple request he asked him to leave the thread ( mainly to eliminate THIS )...but did he, mmmm nope! He kept on coming with the insults. Now call me crazy, but why would I want to take advice from a person like that?

Old 10-30-2009, 01:10 AM   #71
GOT-Torque

Name: GOT-Torque
Title: is
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETH/DEE View Post
I dont think the tappet cover with the breather on the back will work since you need to move your ecm to the last tappet cover stud... Im pretty sure when we were converting Warpig's truck he bought a tappet cover he couldnt use....
I mounted my ECM on a bracket I made that mounts to the inside master cylinder mounting bolt. You can clear a 12V style tappet cover if you need to.

Regarding injectors, you don't have to alter the pop pressures to do the swap. 12v injectors have a lower pop pressure and a lighter spring. I don't see any issues with leaving the pop pressures where they are. Just add some timing to compensate for the delayed affect of the higher pop pressure.

EATSOOT.com

Old 10-30-2009, 07:37 AM   #72
BgBlDodge

Member`s Gallery
I'm still up in the air about lowering the pop off's. I know the p-pump has lower pop off pressures than the VP's but with a VP injector (don't know if this works or not but makes sense to me) they are designed to run wth the higher pressures and therefore atomize the fuel better with the higher pop off's. Lowering the pop off's, at least imo, would make for a smokier truck since the fuel isn't atomizing as well. At least around town. I'm gonna time the truck at 20* by the pump and then put a light on it when I get the money for one and see what the timing is at the injector.

Tyler Williams

Old 10-30-2009, 07:53 AM   #73
cummins724

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedtexan View Post
But the Cat ones have a really cool logo, and lots of accessories with the logo on them, hats, hoodies, shirts, etc...
True, but also Pricey. Guess you get what you pay for?

Old 10-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #74
Rods

Name: Rods
Title: Turbo Crasher
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
(don't know if this works or not but makes sense to me).

Its done been tested , pop and timing go hand in hand to ones on tuning and setup

Old 11-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #75
TheBigNasty

Name: TheBigNasty
Title: Project bish
Member`s Gallery
Daaayyyumm son! Viva la revolucion!

Old 11-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #76
BgBlDodge

Member`s Gallery

Tyler Williams

Old 11-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #77
displacedtexan

Member`s Gallery
I gotta go pick something up for Tyler tomorrow...

Old 11-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #78
BgBlDodge

Member`s Gallery
Monday is parts ordering day.

Tyler Williams

Closed Thread