Dodge 1500 EcoDiesel

I'm excited to see how well they run and if the motors hold up. Would like to trade the wifes car in on one if they turn out to be decent.

I've been thinking of trading in my 03 and my TDI for one. I'll give it some time first. Sure is tempting though.

Who knows about the new engine? Is it any good?

This engine has been in the Jeep GC and the Chrysler 300 in the European union for several years and my understanding is that its a very dependable engine over there. IMHO, the only real unknown is if the US spec emission controls will be dependable or not.

Last edited:
Yeah leave it up to our emissions to screw it up. Isn't 28 MPG good enough?? Geez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm more excited about the Diesel Colorado and canyon coming out in the fall, 28mpg on a 4x4 truck seems amazing!

attachment.php

Attachments

• NCM_0037.jpg
    NCM_0037.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 0
1500 RAM EPA mileage ratings

2WD 20 city 23 combined 28 hwy

4WD 19 city 22 combined 27 hwy

Only one mpg lost for 4wd, thats impressive.

Last edited:
I agree! Is the Colorado a Sure thing?

From the Chevrolet website

Expected to provide unprecedented towing, payload and power, Colorado will offer advanced 2.5L I-4 and 3.6L V6 engines at launch. Joining the engine lineup in 2015: the highly anticipated 2.8L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel. No other current North American competitor in this class offers a turbo-diesel. But no matter which engine you choose, impressive performance and remarkable efficiency ride shotgun on every trip.

http://www.chevrolet.com/2015-colorado-small-truck.html

What I've read about the Colorado is that there will be no regular cab offered. :(

Last edited:
I've talked with a guy that's wrenched on a few...apparently the bottom end is pretty stout.

That's the kind of info I'm talking about. Good to know. My wife is wanting a jeep GC so I might get the diesel option.

hmm, interesting, the way the block is laid out there are three possible locations to mount the cp4... or you could mount one in all three locations, hello fuel!

Back