Truckers, lets see your rigs!

A lot of that stupidness seems intentional to deter guys from doing the work themselves. I'll keep rebuilding my truck until theres nothing left to rebuild. Atleast with my old iron I know how to fix it, you can barely see the engine in these new trucks.

THV

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Almost all broken cranks we have seen were from a bad rear axle. Rear gear is a crutch to fix an almost non existent problem by creating 10 more. I can replace my air compressor on an exit ramp in about 20min. Try that on a DD13/15. About like a belt driven water pump, a broken belt on mine is an inconvenience not a tow bill.

I have yet to see how anything is getting better or more reliable with all this latest technology.

Last edited:
I didn't say I liked or agreed with it, just that total harshness and vibration was the reason given for rear gear. They are awful. R&I the CP3 on an M2 is a nightmare for someone my size.

I like my gears to roar right on the cusp of causing psychological damage.

You bring up an interesting point though. I'm curious if bad axle is before or after a dock was rammed.

Last edited:
I have yet to see how anything is getting better or more reliable with all this latest technology.

I believe the idea is for things to not last as long and to be more dificult. If components were actuallt made to last and be easily serviceable there would befar fewer parts sold andif they were easy to change, most would service the stuff themselves. I read on anpther site that cummins makes as much replacement emissions parts as they do on all other components combined. I dont have proof its true but it wouldnt surprise me

I retrofitted a 2 hole SCR catalyst on a 6.7 powered truck mid summer to the tune of $7k because the (intermediate?) sensor is no longer used.

Load of horse **** that should have taken a flash file and a plug

Almost all broken cranks we have seen were from a bad rear axle. Rear gear is a crutch to fix an almost non existent problem by creating 10 more. I can replace my air compressor on an exit ramp in about 20min. Try that on a DD13/15. About like a belt driven water pump, a broken belt on mine is an inconvenience not a tow bill.

I tend to agree

The ISX was the first engine by Cummins to be 100% designed on a computer, and by a group of yuppies straight out of college to boot. Obviously they had some calculations wrong, hence the gear train randomly exploding on the early models amongst other issues. From there on out it's basically patch work to save the design LOL Honestly they should've gone common rail right off the bat, but Cummins was a little behind the curve.

Remember the coast to coast run they made when promoting the ISX? The trailer behind the truck was packed full of spare parts :cheer:

I tend to agree

The ISX was the first engine by Cummins to be 100% designed on a computer, and by a group of yuppies straight out of college to boot. Obviously they had some calculations wrong, hence the gear train randomly exploding on the early models amongst other issues. From there on out it's basically patch work to save the design LOL Honestly they should've gone common rail right off the bat, but Cummins was a little behind the curve.

Remember the coast to coast run they made when promoting the ISX? The trailer behind the truck was packed full of spare parts :cheer:

Phuck common rail. At least cummins'. Up to the 871s tended to be fairly descent with the fuel system. The 2250s and up are garbage. Unreliable and stupid expensive.

Are you all hearing anything about the X15's yet? I have 4 in service here, and they've all thrown codes for the fuel rail pressure being low on ~5000 mile fuel filters

I know we've tried to get our company to salvage parts and insurance said oh hell no. Liability of failure

I know we've tried to get our company to salvage parts and insurance said oh hell no. Liability of failure

Insurance company hasn’t had much experience with “new” parts obviously. Lol. This one survived a crash it’s a good one!

Back