Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Well after getting bent over real good by the insurance company I wasnt in a real good position to buy something else. By the time I would have got something bought, licensed, insured and ready to go I wouldn't have had any operating money left. So for a little while I wasn't real sure what I was going to do. Caught a lucky break though, I run under a good friend of mine's authority along with a couple other owner ops. Well he had been talking to a guy for awhile that wanted to drive for him so he bought a truck and made the mistake of hiring a driver. Guy ran 3 loads called him up and said he was done when he got back. Which of coarse leaves my buddy high and dry with insurance and a loan payment on a truck that's not moving. So he offered it to me and I just took the payment over. Works win win for both of us. It's an 11 t660 with a Cummins. I don't mind the 660's I spent the year before I bought my Pete in one as a company driver. They're a nice truck but I do hate Cummins so as soon as I find a good build able cat core to drag home I'll start building and swap it out down the road. That and I'm keeping my eyes open for w9 frame horns and spring hangers. 660 and w9 share the same cab so never know if I can finds some good deals and gather up the parts it might end up getting a face lift cause I'd sure love to move the steer axle ahead twO feet where it's supposed to be.

Well after getting bent over real good by the insurance company I wasnt in a real good position to buy something else. By the time I would have got something bought, licensed, insured and ready to go I wouldn't have had any operating money left. So for a little while I wasn't real sure what I was going to do. Caught a lucky break though, I run under a good friend of mine's authority along with a couple other owner ops. Well he had been talking to a guy for awhile that wanted to drive for him so he bought a truck and made the mistake of hiring a driver. Guy ran 3 loads called him up and said he was done when he got back. Which of coarse leaves my buddy high and dry with insurance and a loan payment on a truck that's not moving. So he offered it to me and I just took the payment over. Works win win for both of us. It's an 11 t660 with a Cummins. I don't mind the 660's I spent the year before I bought my Pete in one as a company driver. They're a nice truck but I do hate Cummins so as soon as I find a good build able cat core to drag home I'll start building and swap it out down the road. That and I'm keeping my eyes open for w9 frame horns and spring hangers. 660 and w9 share the same cab so never know if I can finds some good deals and gather up the parts it might end up getting a face lift cause I'd sure love to move the steer axle ahead twO feet where it's supposed to be.

Good deal, glad you’re still rolling.

What became of the 379?

That hurts. Especially after all the work you had put into it.

Yep definitely hurts. Only had 50k on the engine, was just starting to get broke in. After running this cumapart through the mountains last week I really miss my cat. Truck for truck mildy built 6nz vs tuned and deleted isx the Pete did better on mileage than this kw pulling a reefer at 75-80 mph in the mountains. Ran a round to Texas a couple weeks ago and averaged 6.5 running hard at 75-80 with this one though my Pete wouldn't do that on the same load. Luckily soon as I get back home I'm unhooking from the reefer and won't be hooking back up. Got a 53' step deck that I'm going to start dragging around instead

Yep definitely hurts. Only had 50k on the engine, was just starting to get broke in. After running this cumapart through the mountains last week I really miss my cat. Truck for truck mildy built 6nz vs tuned and deleted isx the Pete did better on mileage than this kw pulling a reefer at 75-80 mph in the mountains. Ran a round to Texas a couple weeks ago and averaged 6.5 running hard at 75-80 with this one though my Pete wouldn't do that on the same load. Luckily soon as I get back home I'm unhooking from the reefer and won't be hooking back up. Got a 53' step deck that I'm going to start dragging around instead

You’ll get 50km to the liter when the euro trucks take over. Imagine how awesome hitting the back of that trailer would be in a cabover Scania. You will most definitely be the first one on scene. Just don’t leave your coffee in the cup holder when you raise your cab.

You’ll get 50km to the liter when the euro trucks take over. Imagine how awesome hitting the back of that trailer would be in a cabover Scania. You will most definitely be the first one on scene. Just don’t leave your coffee in the cup holder when you raise your cab.
Or a TV in the bunk.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back