Anyone found the limits of a 6.7 Cummins block?

What about 13mm?

not needed, i ran 12mm with copper gasket and oringed head and block. That part of the build was flawless held even after splitting 5 out of 6 cylinders. A couple of the cylinders split just a couple inches short from bottom of bore.

not needed, i ran 12mm with copper gasket and oringed head and block. That part of the build was flawless held even after splitting 5 out of 6 cylinders. A couple of the cylinders split just a couple inches short from bottom of bore.

What parts does it take out when you split the cylinder? Just the block and pistons?

What parts does it take out when you split the cylinder? Just the block and pistons?

pistons could be cleaned up and reused imo. When mine went it pressurized the oil system and blew out thru dipstick. The other one we blew shot the radiator cap off. All 3 blocks split the exact same cylinders. 1-5, 6 always stayed in tact.

pistons could be cleaned up and reused imo. When mine went it pressurized the oil system and blew out thru dipstick. The other one we blew shot the radiator cap off. All 3 blocks split the exact same cylinders. 1-5, 6 always stayed in tact.

And these were filled blocks or no?

Seems like torsional movement maybe?

Wow, that sure sucks. What kind of RPM's out of the hole and down the track? Went back to a 5.9 or sleeves for the 6.7?

Wow, that sure sucks. What kind of RPM's out of the hole and down the track? Went back to a 5.9 or sleeves for the 6.7?

5k out of the hole, 3800 down the track. Built a 5.9 to get thru last season. Building a sleeve deckplate 6.7 for this season. Should be on the dyno late march early april.

5k out of the hole, 3800 down the track. Built a 5.9 to get thru last season. Building a sleeve deckplate 6.7 for this season. Should be on the dyno late march early april.

I contacted Darton about wet sleeves for the 6.7 a couple weeks back and never heard back. Where did you get your sleeves and are they wet sleeves? Who is doing the machine work?

Thats quite the rpm drop! Maybe 4500 down the track would make the blocks last longer...

Thats quite the rpm drop! Maybe 4500 down the track would make the blocks last longer...

tfs is doing the machine work. Yea that was running the big gear. The sleeves take about 5 weeks for delivery. Darton and La sleeve were about the same price and same time frame. Its a dry sleeve.

Back