on the fence. rclb or qcsb

bangbang92

well i currently have a 2003 qclb. black, spotless fully loaded truck. runs high 11s. soon i will be buying a 4th gen to daily drive and i can not for the life of me decide to keep mine i have now and continue to build it to a 10 sec truck or just buy a single cab, swap over everything and then just sell my quad cab. i'm not a hardcore racing guy like some people on here but i do want to run mid 10s and still have a street able truck which seems to be pretty easy now a days. opinions? i mean is the weight difference that much? right now mine weights 6900ish the way it sits

Last edited:
10's in a quad cab is pretty common. I wouldn't worry about swapping everything over if 10's are what you're after.

I hate to see people take take trucks that are flawless and turn them into pullers and dedicated play toys. I've always leaned towards taking stuff that has lived it's life and bring it back from the dead so to speak then trashing a truck with 50,000 miles on it. That is just my opinion

I agree with Jeremy. But that is just my opinion. I would swap it all over to a less desirable cheaper platform. It will go faster for less money, plus you won't as feel bad for chopping it all up to fit the cage, roll bar, etc...

I agree with Jeremy. But that is just my opinion. I would swap it all over to a less desirable cheaper platform. It will go faster for less money, plus you won't as feel bad for chopping it all up to fit the cage, roll bar, etc...

Yep. No reason to hack up a nicr quad cab. Buy a rclb with 300k on it and chop the **** out of it.

I hate to see people take take trucks that are flawless and turn them into pullers and dedicated play toys. I've always leaned towards taking stuff that has lived it's life and bring it back from the dead so to speak then trashing a truck with 50,000 miles on it. That is just my opinion

thats how i feel id rather cut up a cheap reg cab but dont get me wrong it will still be a street truck. still drive it every once in a while and all that good stuff. it wont be a sittin on slicks in the shop truck. jut a really hard decison lol ive raced this truck alot and had alot of memorys in it. and its still fun to pile all the boys in for a beer run and still give sports car a run for there money.

A roll bar will fit inside a quad, that's always nice for a fast street truck.

that is one thing that has me stuck on keeping it. i can completely hide the cage/roll bar from the outside you would never know. i think there is only about a 600 pound weight diffrence all together isnt there? from clb to qcsb

I feel like ive heard its about 0.1 quicker per 100lbs lost. Even if its only half that, everything else being equal, thats a 0.3 quicker et in the lighter vehicle. Thats quite a bit IMO.

If a quad cab weighed 7400 lbs, and regular cab weighed 600 lbs less at 6800 lbs. With an estimated 1050 HP at the tires, the quad cab could theoretically run 10.50's and the regular cab could run 10.20's so at that weight/power level/ET range, 600 lbs is worth 3 tenths or 200 lbs per tenth.

Sounds to me like if I were in your shoes I'd keep what you've got. Tuck a cage in it, pile on some more go fast parts and enjoy a quick yet still street able truck.

Sounds to me like if I were in your shoes I'd keep what you've got. Tuck a cage in it, pile on some more go fast parts and enjoy a quick yet still street able truck.
Thats what im really leaning on now. I do enjoy driving the truck everyday. I mean its never let me down. Countless trips to nc from texas and back. Literally ive raced in nc on friday and drove to texas on saturday. I think i will end up keeping it and later down the road if i get into the big boy league and get into some low 10s and need a cage and less weight ill think about swapping it all then. But like the guys above said. I didnt really consider how much 600 pnds of weight would affect 1/4 mile times. Not to mention how much u could drasticly reduce that number by just taking pnds from here and there on a reg cab. IE the bed bottom and such

Last edited:
Back