Coolant pressurizing in overflow tank

So does the issue lay in the gaskets or getting too hot? Does grade c gaskets, surfaced heads, and new stock bolts fix the issue?

So does the issue lay in the gaskets or getting too hot? Does grade c gaskets, surfaced heads, and new stock bolts fix the issue?

The majority of the issue lays in the original riveted gasket design. C grade is just the thickness. Its been my experience that once they start to leak the trucks don't even get hot until the coolant level is down. The heads are generally flat and only need to be decked from gasket material protruding into the combustion area.

Will stock bolts be fine for alot of guys? Probably. There is alot of reference to rods folding up before heads lifting with stock bolts. However torque to yield head bolts do stretch over time and have a life expectancy. Which is something no one really talks about.

This is on a totally different subject but where is the best place to have injectors checked and to but new ones?

Also what is the range the injectors should be in when looking at the flow rates on efi live?

Thanks

Where is the best place to have injectors checked and to but new ones?

Thanks

Anyone?

Didn't want to start a new thread. Gf dads truck 03 lb7 is starting to smoke now and I feel that a injector is starting to screw up and need to have them sent off to get checked.

Last edited:
merchant auto has a good deal studs and everything u you need to do the job for around $1100

Just about any compD vendor could easily match Merchant's pricing on a Dmax gasket and stud kit. Myself included.

Anyone?

Didn't want to start a new thread. Gf dads truck 03 lb7 is starting to smoke now and I feel that a injector is starting to screw up and need to have them sent off to get checked.

I gotta be honest, So many people are pedaling injectors I'm not sure which shops are actually working on them and which are just reselling them.

Maybe Exergy?

Usually guys just do the battery of fuel system checks as per the repair manual and determine they need to be replaced.

Back