looking to add power (noob)

Johnnyrodda

hey everyone. just found this forum through a friend I have an 05 durmax it has 130,xxx miles and I tow my 32 ft 5th wheel, I have put in a banks cold air intake as well as a edge w/ attitude programmer . I live in California so I know its a little bit harder to modify trucks here because of smog, but I, looking to add more power to my truck if I could get some of your advise I would really appreciate it!

Last edited:
a lift pump such as an airdog couldn't hurt. Cat back exhaust if you have to leave the converter.

a lift pump such as an airdog couldn't hurt. Cat back exhaust if you have to leave the converter.
x2.

Ditch the edge programmer for EFI Live. Use the edge monitor to switch it if it's a cs or cts

Ryan
x2.

cool thanks a lot, I was also maybe looking into a locking rear end. whats your input?

They all have a factory limited slip.

I'd also put on an LBZ mouthpiece. Gotta do something to help keep the LLY cool, they like to overheat when towing.

does you truck have head studs yet ? if not I would recommend doing grade c head gaskets with arp studs when u blow a head gasket
*nx*

i put the sinister EGR delete kit on my truck and the engine light comes on I can go into the diagnostics setting on my edge CS and clear the code put I have to keep doing it every time I drive, is there any way to keep it from coming on? Or do I need EFI live? which im going to purchase soon. but wondering is I can do it for now, any input would be great thanks

Just go ahead and fork over the money for a built transmission. Doesn't matter what you do, you're truck will be a powerless turd as long as the transmission stays stock

i put the sinister EGR delete kit on my truck and the engine light comes on I can go into the diagnostics setting on my edge CS and clear the code put I have to keep doing it every time I drive, is there any way to keep it from coming on? Or do I need EFI live? which im going to purchase soon. but wondering is I can do it for now, any input would be great thanks

You cant delete the EGR without turning the system off. If you want to continue using the Edge tuning, then you'll have to locate a "Fingerstick" to turn the CEL off, otherwise you'll have to switch to EFILive tuning so you can literally turn the EGR warning off.

You got some very good advice in the previous posts.

Last edited:
got my truck back yesterday from Inglewwod transmission. mike did a great job now to get my EFI live. there are so many which one do I choose and why? my buddies has the one with different setting what do you guys like? thanks!

I don't know who to recommend as a tuner, I don't know who are vendors here. But yes I would do a DSP5 switch and have 5 tunes to switch on the fly.

Back