08 F450 KR Twin Turbo 12v Swap.

Thanks for the info. I love those headlights. I went full retard with the LED projectors and LED strips.

Ugn6kmO.jpg

Now all you gotta do is remove your steps or paint them black, truck looks killer man.
Thanks! I have black ready to spray for the fender vents, but haven't found the time yet. The steps are too handy to lose when strapping in car seats.

With the TCM removed, the H&S Blackmaxx that was in the truck recognized it as a manual and let me flash in a manual file. I then read it out with HP tuners and went through all the codes relating to the missing powerstroke. Flashed in my updated tune and no check engine light!

Also attached some current pics of the truck. Latest mod was some paint matched headlights with a HID projector for Hi/Low.
Thank you!! Larson @ Firepunk was able to follow your directions and I have no check engine light. Just the alternator light to go now, but I have a few parts coming to get that addressed.

Thank you!! Larson @ Firepunk was able to follow your directions and I have no check engine light. Just the alternator light to go now, but I have a few parts coming to get that addressed.

Awesome! Do you know if it's possible for the ford pcm to run a heater grid relay? That's one thing I'd like to add but have not had the time to research it.

Awesome! Do you know if it's possible for the ford pcm to run a heater grid relay? That's one thing I'd like to add but have not had the time to research it.
I have the wiring for the grid heater in my office, just not on the truck yet. Planning on using the PCM heater trigger since I have the Ford IAT hooked up and it is properly commanding the wait-to-start light. Larson tuned the ECM when it was -8F out so it starts every time without the grid heater.

I have the wiring for the grid heater in my office, just not on the truck yet. Planning on using the PCM heater trigger since I have the Ford IAT hooked up and it is properly commanding the wait-to-start light. Larson tuned the ECM when it was -8F out so it starts every time without the grid heater.

my wait to start light works as well on the dash, I just don't know which wire the pcm commands for the glow plugs. If you could share what info you have on the wiring I'd greatly appreciate it!

my wait to start light works as well on the dash, I just don't know which wire the pcm commands for the glow plugs. If you could share what info you have on the wiring I'd greatly appreciate it!

+2,starting my swap before long and every little nugget of info helps

I tried this on my 08 truck with a p-pump 24v, using the factory glow plug module to trigger a separate relay to turn the grid heater on, problem is the 6.4 doesn't really start using the glow plugs till around 32 degrees and even then they don't leave them on long enough for the 12/24v grid heater. I thought about using it on a timer based relay but at the end of the day I just put it on a push button.

Now on the 09 f450 with a 6.7 cummins I'm building now, I'm letting the cummins pcm control the grid heater :rockwoot:

That's good information to have. I'll poke around and see what I can come up with. The CR trucks need way less grid heat than the dinos.

Back