Pulls cancelled!

revolutiondsl

Cat buys my Cummins parts
They cancelled do to the weather. They didn't mention anything about rescheduling and the front gate is closed. That was a waste of 60$

Looks like the oralers are tearing the grounds up now....

this is my surprised face:

stanley-hudson-nodding.gif

Well I'd hope they have the money since everyone paid and there isn't a pull now. I at least thought they'd reschedule for tomorrow at like 11

Here's hoping the THPD do their share to help their local budget. Hope they make those tickets nice and expensive for the a-holes doing the damage.

Agree 100%, if they don't control the oralers/idiots they won't want to put on the show any more.

A few years back the entire Friday festivities were rained out. Not a single truck or tractor went down the track. The stands were filled to capacity. Not a single refund or raincheck was given (at least to spectators). Dan Scheid bought property and built a new house shortly after that. Wonder where the money went?

A few years back the entire Friday festivities were rained out. Not a single truck or tractor went down the track. The stands were filled to capacity. Not a single refund or raincheck was given (at least to spectators). Dan Scheid bought property and built a new house shortly after that. Wonder where the money went?

So. Where do you think all the money came from that initially rented out the place, coordinated things, setup, yada yada yada came from? You think Dan got everything refunded? Paycheck money given back?

Sure, I've had concerts canceled for one reason or another and I have had tickets refunded, but then again I've been to state fairs and left do to rain and never got my $8 back at the door.

I agree with Bill on this, sure Dan put up the money for the show, but he also got the money for the tickets, and never paid out any prize money, seems wrong to me not to give some kind of refund to me, seems like a wrong doing to the people making it possible for the show in the first place, so what your saying is if no spectators ever came and no profit was made he would still pay for the show year after year out of the goodness of his heart.

I agree with Bill on this, sure Dan put up the money for the show, but he also got the money for the tickets, and never paid out any prize money, seems wrong to me not to give some kind of refund to me, seems like a wrong doing to the people making it possible for the show in the first place, so what your saying is if no spectators ever came and no profit was made he would still pay for the show year after year out of the goodness of his heart.

Are you sure the prize money isn't paid out?

That money will all be going to unphuck what the idiots did to the fairgrounds this year.

I would still venture to say $100K plus in profit is made, there is lots of hard work involved and these shows get better and better each year.

That money will all be going to unphuck what the idiots did to the fairgrounds this year.

THIS! and the prize money WAS paid out, it was split between all the drives that were in the finals that night. You cant assume something when you dont know the facts

It was all fine and dandy and a good time with the rain until people took vehicles out. People were playin on slip and slides and having a good time with no harm until someone decided they wanted the biggest dik and took their truck through. I can't believe they let it go on as long as it did with the trucks. I had to stop watching. I thought for sure someone was getting ran over.

And a refund wouldn't be economical at all for scheid when you think about the fact half of the people there don't even wath the events. They treat it like a frat party. Even after refunds the people who destroy chit would stick around and cost them money.

Does anyone know why they can't do it Sunday at like 11. I know it's not as good and most likely a travel day for some but that's how they've done it at other fairly big pulls that get rained out on Saturday night.

And a refund wouldn't be economical at all for scheid when you think about the fact half of the people there don't even wath the events. They treat it like a frat party. Even after refunds the people who destroy chit would stick around and cost them money.

To quote what I saw on Facebook:

So it rained a little. The party just got better.

To quote what I saw on Facebook:

So it rained a little. The party just got better.

Exactly. It just sucks because I go to actually watch the events an the beer drinkin afterwards is just a bonus and a good time to catch up with friends. Like everything some just have to push it as far as they can. A couple guys camping by us watched zero events. They were more worried about meeting "diesel dbag Dave" and doing burnouts than watching some of he best racing and pulling in the nation.

I can see all onsite camping being in jeopardy from here on out and all you can do is drive in and park and then get in your truck to leave.

Back