Updating your SCT Liveload Software

MOMBENZ

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I got the scoop on why our Liveload files are showing as invalid. We downloaded an update to our SCT dealer software. SCT changed the software so significantly that our customers would get an error message indicating the files were not valid Liveload files.

For anyone with an Xcal2 who receives or wishes to receive tuning files via email, you will need to update your Liveload software. The update has not yet been posted on their site but it is available as a sticky in their forum. Here is the link: http://www.sctflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7666

Please remember before you update you must take your truck back to stock, Turn off all screen savers and make sure the usb cable is inserted properly.

Thanks,
Vivian

Thanks for the info Vivian. We have had a few questions about this in the past. I'll make it a sticky

Were there any changes/advances in the tunes worth mentioning, or is this just an XCal software update?

SCT is always updating their files, which we receive periodically and are also able to download manually. The reason this update has affected everyone is because they created a link between the Xcal2 and the upcoming Livewire. Liveload was changed to accommodate both products.

Problem was we were up to the latest reflash but everyone else wasn't.

Thanks,
Vivian

Hi,

I'm sorry. I just saw your post. I don't really know if the old files will work and it is a good question. If anyone has loaded an old file with the updated software, please let us know. Else, I will try it tomorrow.

Thanks,
Vivian

Yes. You can download your old files after you update your Liveload3 software.

Thanks,
Vivian

jmanf250

So i just got the new SCT flash at Xmas... do I need upgrades or want upgrades or am I missing something?

Back