Sled Pulling Rules?

cahammer said:
so you guys wanna d.q. me cause im fat?

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

No, I personally would not want to make my truck any heavier, I break enough parts as it is. I would rather the class be lighter if they are going to change anything. I know they won't change it though, Justin Williams made a good point in a post a while back saying that the 3rd gen trucks are quite a bit heavier than the old 2nd gens plus you will always have crew cab Fords and Chevy's which are pretty heavy right out of the box as well.

-Tom

JFlagg said:
Guess an HX40 isn't a stock appearing charger....:doh: thats the only thing keeping me out of work stock....2.6 bore what's that roughly equal to?

Well if its a 60mm HX40 then it is roughly a 2.36" inducer.

-Tom

We don't have enough modded trucks to really run with the 2.8 trucks, so we are thinking of a weight penalty for the trucks say over 2.5. 2.5 can run 8500, 2.8 could say be 8000. Hopefully this will even the field a little bit and keep the trucks coming out, while still allowing trucks to pull at other venues.

Tcolesanti said:
Well if its a 60mm HX40 then it is roughly a 2.36" inducer.

-Tom
I really couldn't tell you...I bought it back before I knew a whole lot. I know it was built/worked on at HTT....Would 2.6 be about a 64mm turbo? Or would a 66 make it in? I'm kinda thinking about a 64 at the moment. But back to the thread...8K isn't bad, most trucks will make that weight if they want, minus the CC duallys and such. Heck, with mine stripped down AND all my weights I have at the moment I only hit 7800...

25.4mm per inch.

97 extended cab 4x4 , full interior, no tailgate, no spare, no rear bumper is under 7000 lbs.

I think they mean it has to be the stock turbo for that make/model. But you can do whatever you want to the internals...Just so it appears stock from the outside. Thats what I get out of it. If not, you could run an HX50-55, or HX whatever just cause its a Holset...

SO i could run the truck in my sig in the 2.6 class???? Also Does That Class require the drive line loops and u-joint guards. I know it doesn't say it does but I figured I'd ask just to be safe. Same for traction bars can you have them and still run 2.6 class

cummins freak said:
SO i could run the truck in my sig in the 2.6 class???? Also Does That Class require the drive line loops and u-joint guards. I know it doesn't say it does but I figured I'd ask just to be safe. Same for traction bars can you have them and still run 2.6 class

I would assume as Gene, the sled pull safety guru is in charge, that would be a yes...

If any safety equipment is needed it will probably just be a rear u-joint shield at a maximum (I don't know for sure though).

As far as the stock charger rule for work stock as long as it "appears" stock then take it for what its worth. "Final decision rests with tech":evil

-Tom

ive seen mega cabs having the strip to make 8k from the factory. I say 8k with hanging weights is good but if a heavy truck wants to pull make 8250 the limit with no hanging weights and 2 inch lower hitch height to let some of them in

Back