Imposter….

smokinVE

$$+VE=NO HP
381b33c725797afc1e103c399db52cc9.jpg

Got to give you a 3.8 for poor Jack Stand Placement...

Had to level the truck out to find the correct angle for the boosted LS under the hood. Driveway is steep…. I give myself a hillbilly 9.3 outta 10! I expect your 3.8 to change to at least an 7/8!

Had to level the truck out to find the correct angle for the boosted LS under the hood. Driveway is steep…. I give myself a hillbilly 9.3 outta 10! I expect your 3.8 to change to at least an 7/8!
You happen to have a build page for your LS project?
Very sneaky 1st gen! I love it!! :rockwoot:

I’m in disbelief. First of the imposter parked among them. Second of the LS.
Sprig ignition is not in your blood stream.

Lol, I still daily the VE, don’t worry. Pp pump was way to good if a deal to pass up. I’ll likely fix the few things and flip it. I work for GM so LS is super cheap and easy for me.

You happen to have a build page for your LS project?
Very sneaky 1st gen! I love it!! :rockwoot:

No build page, It really isn’t anything special. 6.0 iron block, 243 heads with some gasket matching, sloppy stage 2 camshaft, “cheap” rods, factory new LQ4 pistons with lots of ring gap. 76/92 FI turbo on the right manifold. SuperMatic 4L85 from GM performance (basically lifetime warranty for me and I get paid when it breaks to fix it). Aeromotive fuel system.

Holley pro dash, I’m still waiting on Holley to ship me my ECM, it has been on back order for 3 months now. But I have plenty to finish so I’m just chipping away at stuff when I get a chance.

It’s one of the cleanest crew cabs I’ve ever owned, OD says 53,xxx and I believe it. Camper shell is staying on it and I have a birdbath front clip I’m going to put on it to look like an old man truck and have a few mufflers to keep it quiet

Dad has a 86 chevy square body farm truck with the 6.2 boat anchor diesel that is still running. We always toyed with a 12v cummins swap, but that requires a body lift for these old GM square bodies. And fan clearance is tight up front.

I mentioned an LS swap instead, he wasn't all for it. Fitment would be easier, more wiring to figure out, and the front end would be lighter. Only down side, we keep bulk diesel on the farm, not gas. A drive to town for fuel would be needed.

Back