Found out why my truck won't go in gear!!

Signature600

THA MAN!
For the last 20K miles or so...ever since I put in the NV5600...I've been having a hard shift/hard to get in gear problem with my clutch. Figured it was the pilot bearing, since I didn't change it...well, I was partly right!

For some reason or another, the input shaft didn't spline completely into the front disk. It chewed up the spines in the clutch hub pretty bad. Didn't have much meat left.

Pics of Damage!!!

I never took the clutch aprt when I switched trannies, I just pulled one, and installed the other. We had one heck of a time getting the 5 speed to come out, but the 6 speed went in OK...didn't just slide right in, but it didn't tale hours!

Any idea if this is something I did? Or if there is anything I should look at to make sure everything else is right? Input shaft looks fine, no marks on it, other than a little wear on the pilot from the bad bearing. It was just starting to "catch"

Looks like this clutch is heading to Indiana for a rebuild 95K miles of heavy towing isn't bad...better than the 40K I got out of the last clutch!

Chris

Back