waste gate control options

gstanfield

Are we there yet?
What options are out there for controlling waste gate opening pressures? I've seen the Banks unit and the $175 or so ain't too much to spend if I get a benefit from it. Next week I am closing on the sales of one of my houses and my truck will be getting a converter, preformance valve body, 4"exhaust, Brute force intake, GSK kit, 3k gov springs, pillar mount gauges and I thought maybe add some extra boost as well. Does this sound like a good idea?

I guess my questions in this topic are these

1. Is the banks unit worth the money?
2. Are there other units avaliable?
3. What about something like this? Boost controller
Or this Other type boost controller

Thanks for any inputs on this area that I know almost nothing about.

George

I dont know much about 12v's but I can say that anything with BANKS on it is over priced.

There are much better options out there and you will get some good responces from the 12V guru's soon.

dan

Control elbow? I could not find a description of this part, only a price. What does it do exactly?

Thanks,
George

Dan,:kick: take that! (JK pal)

Smokem, thanks for the reply. You answered my question as to if it was fixed pressure, adjustable or what. I want the option to play with things a bit (don't we all) and it looks like this is the part I need.

BTW< does this get rid of the factory canister type controller, or work with the factory one? Also, what is the factory pressures and how far can I safely go with stock turbo and head gaskets, etc?

Thanks,
George

Last edited:
OK, that makes much more sense to me now Smokem. Thanks for the help, I guess I'll have to get me one of those on the way, then I can find out the breaking point of a stock turbo and/or head gasket :)

Dan, it's all in fun man and I think you knew that. :Cheer: here's one on me.

George

Back