Switchblade turbocharger

nice try to derail but no go chief.
Most folks have a hard time believing in anything that claims to be the cats azz but no one but you knows anyone with it.
maybe you can scrounge up a couple members here who have one? even the baylock guys havent posted!

LMAO, maybe they aren't on the net.

Weren't you a naysayer from the start? :)

Since we are talking data, how long did it take you to get your supercharger/turbo setup to the dyno? I am assuming you surely would have dynoed them by now.

nice try to derail but no go chief.
Most folks have a hard time believing in anything that claims to be the cats azz but no one but you knows anyone with it.
maybe you can scrounge up a couple members here who have one? even the baylock guys havent posted!

Wow, so you still haven't dynoed your setup? Ironic that the guy screaming show more data(at least they have produced some LOL), has yet to produce data for his product. Didn't Timbeaux ask you a few months back if you were gonna dyno a setup? :)

LMAO, maybe they aren't on the net.

Weren't you a naysayer from the start? :)

Since we are talking data, how long did it take you to get your supercharger/turbo setup to the dyno? I am assuming you surely would have dynoed them by now.

What does it matter what his truck dyno's? He's not a vendor trying to sell something to the public. So who cares how his setup performs. Now, someone that is a vendor and pushing a new design or new product to the public, **** yea they better have some number and proof to show, and more than 1 guy testing it. Which nobody has seen here yet. 80psi of boost and 50psi of drive pressure? GTFO, if that was realistic these switchblades would be flying off the shelf at full price, not dribbling off the shelf at half price. Something that is too good to be true, usually isn't true. Maybe the guy is running some 1" intercooler pipes lol

What does it matter what his truck dyno's? He's not a vendor trying to sell something to the public. So who cares how his setup performs. Now, someone that is a vendor and pushing a new design or new product to the public, **** yea they better have some number and proof to show, and more than 1 guy testing it. Which nobody has seen here yet. 80psi of boost and 50psi of drive pressure? GTFO, if that was realistic these switchblades would be flying off the shelf at full price, not dribbling off the shelf at half price. Something that is too good to be true, usually isn't true. Maybe the guy is running some 1" intercooler pipes lol

LOL, what do you mean, turboluvr has been trying to pimp his tunnelram for quite some time, and as I said before, folks have asked for numbers, he has yet to produce. IIRC he has even been told by moderators to produce the numbers, and reminded that he isn't a paying vendor.

No, he isn't a paying vendor. So nobody should care about his numbers. He's not publicly selling his ****. If he did have a thread pimping his ****, I'd be asking for some proof just like I am here. One guys bull**** logs and pre-k graph aren't enough. Why anyone would have spent 3k for a mystery turbo is beyond me. I'll stick with my cheap ass BW's.

No, he isn't a paying vendor. So nobody should care about his numbers. He's not publicly selling his ****. If he did have a thread pimping his ****, I'd be asking for some proof just like I am here. One guys bull**** logs and pre-k graph aren't enough. Why anyone would have spent 3k for a mystery turbo is beyond me. I'll stick with my cheap ass BW's.

I think if you would educate yourself, there are more than just one guys logs that have been posted...

There have been videos and/or logs posted from 3 trucks that have the turbo on it.

They aren't selling it as a high HP charger, they are selling it as a turbo that will spool extremely fast as well as tow well.

Last edited:
Holy Chit 3 trucks!? Well that's plenty. I agree this charger is hands down the best. 2:1 boost to drive ratio going straight uphill. Egts never got over 500*

I hope you aren't serious.

Yes I am serious... How many data logs have you seen from other turbos?

I have heard someone say they would produce 55 or 60 psi from a turbo, about half of them had a drive pressure reading to back it up. Have seen practically no data logs posted. If they are out there, I haven't seen them.

How many logs from Industrial Injection have you seen posted by II showing their drive to boost relationship of their turbos?

I understand that your saying logs from 3 trucks isn't much, but in the scheme of things, how many logs have been produced by II or HTT for say their $2000 silver bullet, or the golden nugget from HTT?

Last edited:
My dyno and instrumentation along with complete control over the tune could sniff out if this thing does what they claim.

At minimum it's a large A/R charger that is bound to have respectable performance on the top and a good drive to boost ratio there.

Frankly through I don't buy the bottom end response they claim. Spinning up a doggy turbine is one thing powering it it totally another.

When I looked at the data I sure didn't see a great improvement in low end response it had that same long flat spool period and then the hard hit like a larger charger.

Their design does tighten the nozzle at one small point on the turbine, now compare that to a VGT that tightens the nozzle around the whole circumference of the turbine.

Last edited:
You're trying to compare this switchblade **** to turbos that have already proven themselves years ago. C'mon man.

Yes I know, and I am saying how many of those logs have you seen of those when those were new to the market?

I know what one of the guys says, as he went from towing with a silver bullet to towing with one of these. Hills that required unlocking the convertor and/or taking it out of OD with the silver bullet, can now be driven up with the truck in OD, and locked up without EGT issues.

Last edited:
Are we sure that the 86.5 psi. is gauge pressure and not atmospheric pressure? I've seen people make this mistake before. If it is, in fact an atmosheric pressure gauge, you have to subtract the local barometric pressure to get the actual boost pressure. At sea level, the boost pressure would only be 71.8psi.

Wow, so you still haven't dynoed your setup? Ironic that the guy screaming show more data(at least they have produced some LOL), has yet to produce data for his product. Didn't Timbeaux ask you a few months back if you were gonna dyno a setup? :)

Zstroken, I like your point. Very much.

Gwoody....I have data logging capability if you need a beta tester for an old 2002 tow pig. :D :poke::poke: :evil

Regardless of all the banter, I applaud your effort to think outside the box.

Back