really need yalls help!!!!

Black Diablo

i have a 2000 dodge ram 2500 5 speed and the other day i went to start it and it had a really crappy start. It knocks real bad for the first 10 seconds of start up then the tach will read 0 and check engine light will come on and engine begins to sound somewhat normal. The truck has absolutly no power once its driving. I plugged my smarty in and it read p0341 being the cam sensor, i replaced the cam and crank sensor the next day and still the same result. i then swapped an ecm with another 2000 5 speed and yet got the same results. If anyone knows what the problem is and how to fix please let me know i greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Look on the tip of the old sensors, If they have any wear on the ends the tone ring on the crank could be coming apart, or possibly the cam might have enough thrust play to not read correctly. If not those, you could be looking at a wiring issue. Check all of the battery cables, grounds and put dielectric grease on the cam and crank connections, and look for corrosion on the two connectors as well as the ECM connector. That should get you there. If that does not get it, start ohming sensors and checking for opens and a 5 volt reference signal at the sensors.

Zach

Back